Justin Bieber confirms he has Lyme and chronic Mono

Forebearance

Oh wow. I'm not wishing for it, but imagine if he were to end up getting diagnosed with ME/CFS? Our world would implode!

The reason I wonder about it is that I spent the first three years of my illness thinking I had "chronic mono".

Larry

I doubt you want him as and advocate yet. Im guessing he has a positive igenex If anything at all, and is in CFS mode. Once he gained safety and could stop the pursuit of money, repressed emotions started to rise. He finds religion to keep the un reconciled pain external. Relgion then says we can save you (externally). They cant (obviously), so the pain that is coming from within grows. The more he resists what is actually happening to him, the worse his health gets. This is unexpressed emotional pain from a life of not knowing who his true self is. Pain from the difference between the story he was following and who he really is. Its called story gap.

This is CFS 101

Apo Sci

https://ew.com/celebrity/2020/01/08/justin-bieber-battling-lyme-disease-youtube-docuseries/

Maybe he will be a visible advocate. We can only hope. I certainly couldn't afford many of the remedies Cher, Lady Gaga or he can afford. I hope that fact isn't lost on our celebrities.

What remedies are you referring to? Certainly it helps to have a pile of money for caregiving assistance and rent but I can't see it making that much of a difference otherwise if you have enough public assistance. For example, 30% of the cost of supplements I use are covered by my US housing agency.

Apo Sci

When one is approved for Section 8 (Housing Choice Voucher Program) if one is disabled or elderly you save receipts for your medical expenses and provide anticipated expenses and they deduct it from income so that the percentage you pay is based on the lower amount. One needs to review the Annual Plan of the housing authority that is doing the certification to know what items are allowed. Typically over the counter drugs aren't covered but supplements are.

sylvie45

https://ew.com/celebrity/2020/01/08/justin-bieber-battling-lyme-disease-youtube-docuseries/

Maybe he will be a visible advocate. We can only hope. I certainly couldn't afford many of the remedies Cher, Lady Gaga or he can afford. I hope that fact isn't lost on our celebrities.

I would not wish ME/CFS on anyone, but Justin Beiber is going public about having chronic mono, and has stated he has an incurable disease. It would be amazing to have a celebrity advocate for this disease. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Justin could be evaluated a a Center for Excellence? He is obviously struggling, looking for answers, and open to sharing his story. A definite diagnosis might just lead to an ME/CFS spokesperson. Poor guy, hope he finds treatment. If not, maybe open to helping with awareness, promoting research.

Not dead yet!

Please, do tell!

Cher reportedly flew to Germany to a medical spa where her symptoms went into remission. There are threads here and on Phoenix Rising about it. She's not the type of celeb who wants contact with fans though and she kept the illness very secret. There was a "Cher is dying" media frenzy for a while, after which she admitted she has what she called chronic mono.

Many have traveled to Europe or Skandinavia to help their symptoms at specialty spas. I tallied up the cost. It would mean taking about at least a $10,000 risk. And if it didn't work, I'd have to try again with another $10,000+. In general if you're well off, a European spa might just be the ticket for you to get better. That doesn't help everyone else, however.

We need our basic health care to stop playing games with us and actually do something useful like define a diagnosis and treatment plan based on what we know so far. Post viral fatigue is the closest thing we have to an official diagnosis.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources