Koroshetz to Talk on ME/CFS at huge Neurological Conference

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
The American Academy of Neurology Conference lasts almost a week. It would cost over a $1,000 to attend it. I would guess that this is pretty much the place to be for neurologists in April....

Dr. Koroshetz, head of the neurology institute at the NIH (NINDS) will, of course, be there. He'll probably get quite a bit of attention - his institute, after all, spend over $1 billion dollars on neurology research.

He's going to be talking there and he just told a patient that one of the things he's going to be talking about is NINDS and the NIH's new approach to ME/CFS.

Glad he's doing that! Wonder how it's going to go over with that group....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'd love to see how it did.

I wish him good luck!

Cort

Staff member
I'm sure he'll be laughed off the stage. Neurologists hate us. Best of luck to him.
Yes....he is the head of the neurology institute though - hopefully they'll smile and then snicker behind their hands. Or maybe he will convince some people to start applying for grants and start researching ME/CFS. I imagine that will be his goal - to tell them we're going to fund this - and he's got a heckuva platform there to do that.

B

BrianV

I'm sure he'll be laughed off the stage. Neurologists hate us. Best of luck to him.
Oh, but neurology researchers - the audience at this conference - LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE research funding. They will listen.

Cort

Staff member
Oh, but neurology researchers - the audience at this conference - LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE research funding. They will listen.
That's good news! Thanks for pointing that out BrianV

B

BrianV

That's good news! Thanks for pointing that out BrianV
To clarify, practicing neurologists also attend AAN to get CME credits, but it's first and foremost a research conference.

Justin

Could you be more negative....Lol

My Neuro is the class of its a highly contested disease category...so I understand you...

Im going to spread some hope that way as its being held in my home town.....

Justin

Yes....he is the head of the neurology institute though - hopefully they'll smile and then snicker behind their hands. Or maybe he will convince some people to start applying for grants and start researching ME/CFS. I imagine that will be his goal - to tell them we're going to fund this - and he's got a heckuva platform there to do that.

I admire your hope and I think we should be hoping for the Best as he is the biggest man when it comes to Neurology on the planet!

Cort

Staff member
I admire your hope and I think we should be hoping for the Best as he is the biggest man when it comes to Neurology on the planet!
Crossing my fingers our hopes are justified!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources