Leaky Gut - Why Eating Dirt Should Be Part of Your Daily Routine

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Hi Cort, Yes, I've tried other ones, but I never got the same effect until I tried Primal Defense with the HSOs. Jordan Rubin who created this great product, just about died of Crohn's disease and HSO's was major in his recovery. I had read his book 'Patient heal thyself' a few years ago and decided to try it. Boy, what a miracle product. I must take it everyday otherwise the irritable bowel comes right back. I just googled Probiotics with HSO's and saw many articles on the subject that we can read. You can take up to 3 a day. I only need 1 capsule. Start with 1 only as too many can cause constipation.
Thanks Edie

Who Me?

@Veet I have piles of dirt on my floor! Now I can say it's a good thing I don't clean! @Veet i do like his idea though of just not scrubbing carrots etc.

zzz

I did read it and I didn't see it. The difference is sacchromyces boulardii.

This strain is the sole strain present in Florastor, a popular probiotic which is apparently highly recommended by doctors. Supposedly, this strain is very useful in helping the gut recover from antibiotic treatments.

Florastor is quite expensive; if you want this strain alone, Jarrow has essentially the same thing at half the price.

Who Me?

I don't want it. I just wanted to know the difference. You can by sach on its own. I have some. Never did much for me.

Veet

S Boulardi is recommended to GAPS folks for diarrhea. When I've used it for this, it's been effective within a day.

Who Me?

got my collagen today!. I'll be cured!!

@Veet @Remy How much collagen should I take a day? It says 1 tbsp I think. Will this cause me problems or is it some hidden cure I won't notice then one day wake up and go run a marathon?

Last edited:

Who Me?

??Start w/ a tiny bit, see how it feels.
I used a tablespoon in my oatmeal and it left an aftertaste. Many things alter my taste so I'll have to work with it. Maybe at night so I don't have to deal with it all day.

zzz

Primal Defense Ultra is very tempting. I've been taking Prescript Assist for many months, but I can't say that I've noticed any effect specifically from this. However, it does have many strains that Primal Defense Ultra does not. On the other hand, I've felt great improvement from Garden of Life probiotics in general. I'm currently taking their Garden of Life - RAW Probiotics Men 50 & Wiser probiotic, which doesn't seem to have much overlap with Primal Defense Ultra. Does combining the two seem to make sense? Do I really lose anything by dropping the Prescript Assist?

I have to say that for me, the probiotics are one of the most powerful and effective treatments I've encountered.

Who Me?

I read something after I posted this that said soil based stuff is not good for us and why. Of course I can't remember

My np also liked a different probioitic. MegaSpore.

zzz

I read something after I posted this that said soil based stuff is not good for us and why. Of course I can't remember

I've seen this too; apparently some of the microorganisms can be harmful to some people. But for the vast majority, they're completely benign. The high ratings for these probiotics on Amazon is one indication of this.
My np also liked a different probioitic. MegaSpore.

I tried this for a month, and noticed no effect whatsoever. Also, it's absurdly expensive (at least when bought off the Web).

All this stuff seems to be really individual.

Who Me?

All of it is absurdly expensive which is why I'm not taking any of them. It's all individual.

Amazon subscribe and save has garden of life cheapest I've seen. I think I'd rather buy food though than throw more money down the drain on stuff I can't take.

cherubim

Has anyone tried other probiotics that have worked? I'm wary of SBO's. There is a myriad of probiotic information on the web, much of it conflicting. I've had good results with Culterelle and Hyperbiotics, but I'm looking to add diverse organisms.

As far as eating dirt - I'm afraid of picking up parasites! Also, you never know who handled your organic produce. They could have a cold or virus.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources