Legal Blog Discusses Tuller's Pace Trial Critique

Hello!

Just saw this on David Tuller's FB page.

David Tuller
4 hrs · San Francisco, CA ·
Steve Lubet, law professor at Northwestern, blogs today about PACE and my investigation of its flaws:

No, It Isn't All in Your Head
Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome an organic disease that should be addressed by biomedical research, or is it a only psychological condition best treated by some form of psychotherapy? Until recently, the answer to that question was in dispute, with immunologists...
THEFACULTYLOUNGE.ORG

It's a pretty good overview, though it does miss the funding problems.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Just saw this on David Tuller's FB page.

David Tuller
4 hrs · San Francisco, CA ·
Steve Lubet, law professor at Northwestern, blogs today about PACE and my investigation of its flaws:

No, It Isn't All in Your Head
Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome an organic disease that should be addressed by biomedical research, or is it a only psychological condition best treated by some form of psychotherapy? Until recently, the answer to that question was in dispute, with immunologists...
THEFACULTYLOUNGE.ORG

It's a pretty good overview, though it does miss the funding problems.
Nice to see this getting around. I like this part:

Fortunately, 2015 has turned out to be a very encouraging year for ME/CFS sufferers in the United States. In early February, the Institute of Medicine released a long-awaited report titled “Beyond Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Redefining an Illness,” stating that “ME/CFS is a serious, chronic, complex, systemic disease that often can profoundly affect the lives” of as many as 2.5 million Americans. In addition to criticizing the many physicians who “mistake it for a mental health condition,” the IOM committee proposed new diagnostic criteria and called for greatly increased research funding for ME/CFS. In the words of the committee chair, Dr. Ellen Clayton, a professor of both medicine and law at Vanderbilt University, "It's time to stop saying that this is a just figment of people's imagination. This is a real disease, with real physical manifestations that need to be identified and cared for." The IOM report broke the barrier of indifference, but of course it could not do anything to solve the intractable nature of the disease.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources