Lenny Jason Wins Major Award

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Just as we posted the results on Lenny Jason’s potentially ground-breaking study on creating a new definition, we learned that he’s just won a major award.
  • Lenny Jason has played a important role in the growth and legitimization of the ME/CFS field. It’s hard and more than a little depressing to imagine what it would look like without him. Leonard Jason has played a critical role in building and legitimizing this field. Among his recent achievements are
  • a way to produce an effective research definition for ME/CFS
  • that pacing works – for many patients – but for a subset of ill patients it doesn’t
  • that the Canadian Consensus and International Consensus definitions have issues that need resolution before they can be used as research definitions
  • that people with ME/CFS have a kind of pathological fatigue not found in healthy peoplethat different kinds of fatigue are found in ME/CFS

And that’s just in the past four years. Earlier, Jason’s work was critical in demonstrating, contrary to the CDC’s findings, that ME/CFS was a common disorder. He uncovered the flaws inherent in the CDC’s Empirical definition. He showed how easily ME/CFS could be distinguished from depression. The list goes on and on.

Lenny Jason’s winning of the 2015 American Psychological Association Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Research is not just a win for him, but because much of his research is focused on chronic fatigue syndrome it’s a recognition of the growing importance and acceptance of this field. With his work on ME/CFS dating back to the early 1990’s, Lenny Jason has been a pioneer in this field and is undoubtedly well-acquainted with barbs and trials of working in it. How nice it is to get this recognition after so many years.

Dear Dr. Jason:

It is my great honor and pleasure to inform you that the Board of Professional Affairs has selected you as the recipient of the 2015 American Psychological Association Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Research. On behalf of the Board of Professional Affairs, I offer my warmest congratulations.

The formal presentation of this award will take place during the APA/APF Awards Ceremony at the 2015 APA Convention to be held in Toronto, Canada, August 6-9, 2015. At this ceremony, you will be presented with a citation highlighting your outstanding career contributions and an honorarium of $1,000. You will also be reimbursed for up to $1,500 of your travel expenses to attend the convention. Convention registration fees will be waived for yourself, your spouse and up to two dependents.

At this time, I also would like to invite you to deliver an address of 50 minutes duration to the membership at the 2015 Annual Convention. Don't Miss

Once again, congratulations as you are recognized for your accomplishments. I hope that you will be able to attend the 2015 Annual Convention to personally accept this award and to receive the congratulations of the entire membership. Sincerely, Stewart E. Cooper, PhD, ABPP, 2014 BPA Chair

Read more: Long-time ME/CFS Researcher Wins Award http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/2014/12/26/long-time-mecfs-researcher-wins-award/

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources