Lily Chu - Advocate, IOM Member, Former Doctor - Talks on PEM

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
This should be good:
From Lily Chu

If you have not heard, SolveCFS asked me to give a talk online about PEM, which is scheduled for next THURSDAY, JUNE 18 at 10AM Pacific Time. If you can't make it to the talk, it will be archived online for later viewing. The talk is about 40-45 mins with 15-20 mins for questions/ comments from the live audience.

The talk will cover some of the scientific evidence behind PEM that we reviewed for the IOM report but will also include my personal views on the history/ evolution of PEM definitions, one way to talk to your clinicians about PEM so they understand its impact on your life (esp. for disability/ work accommodations), and gaps in PEM research.

You can register for the meeting in the link below. It is FREE and you do not need to be a SolveCFS member to attend. I hope some of you are able to attend. Also, after the talk, please feel free to send me any questions and feedback (e.g. what parts of the talk did you like? not like? what was confusing?) as I am always refining how I communicate about ME/CFS to the public, whether patients, scientists/docs, or government officials. I have given talks at Stanford for physicians/ scientists there and visitors there but this is my first talk for a lay audience.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8782966319829183233

I just registered for this webinar. Thank you so much for the lead! After reading the presentation description, I was moved ( I will presently name this movement synergy-serendipity- synchronicity) to schedule an appointment with my doc at the VA. Maybe find the words to describe PEM after gleaning at the webinar.. I know PEM, but for the life of me can not articulate it with small mouth noises. I usually resort to begging her, but this merely makes her think I suffer primarily from depression. Talk about a thought stopper.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I just registered for this webinar. Thank you so much for the lead! After reading the presentation description, I was moved ( I will presently name this movement synergy-serendipity- synchronicity) to schedule an appointment with my doc at the VA. Maybe find the words to describe PEM after gleaning at the webinar.. I know PEM, but for the life of me can not articulate it with small mouth noises. I usually resort to begging her, but this merely makes her think I suffer primarily from depression. Talk about a thought stopper.
It is so hard to articulate this illness...one of the most difficult about it. One friend says "it's just so ridiculous" :)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources