Long Covid autoantibody study

GasDoc

Interesting finding from BerlinCures in Long Covid showing the presence of functional G protein coupled autoantibodies in patients. Important point is the assay looks at functional autoantibodies, unlike ELISA based techniques. Also the company has a product in development at the phase 2 level (BC007) for the treatment of heart failure due to beta1 autoantibodies. BC007 is also active against a range of other autoantibodies including those involved in ME & POTS. Though I can't believe that all 3 of these conditions are only autoantibody driven as cell mediated autoimmunity almost certainly plays a part it is another piece of the dysautonomia jigsaw with the bonus of a treatment in early development.

A bit of the background on the drug, which is an aptamer can be found here.

Just re-read the article and replace the words cardiomyopathy with ME or POTS or Long covid and you can see how BC007 has potential as a treatment for conditions with autonomic nervous system (all G protein coupled) autoantibodies.

Attachments

• BerlinCures long covid autoAb's.pdf
    921.7 KB · Views: 112

glenn_chan

Klein et al. with Iwasaki, Aaron Ring, Putrino, etc. actually didn't find elevated rates of auto-antibodies in Long COVID. very surprising. Go to this thread for a summary of the Mount Sinai Yale study, a link to Akiko's Twitter thread summary, and a link to the original paper.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources