Low Deuterium Diet

Not dead yet!

I stumbled on this while learning more about the Carnivore Diet. I can't say I'm convinced, but since it has an aspect that deals with mitochondria, I thought I'd share: https://carnivoremd.com/deuterium/

In short, Deuterium is a form of hydrogen that is slightly different and different enough to mess around with mitochondria. The hydrogen charge that the mito builds up during metabolism can be apparently stopped or harmed by deuterium. The existence of "different" hydrogens in water is already something I've heard of.

One of the low deuterium water sources mentioned is spring water. There's a website that helps you find a spring. Local rumor may turn up others. I did drink from a spring for several months once. And it seemed to make me feel very slightly better, but it's not any sort of health revolution, or it wasn't for me.

I was drinking spring water to expose myself to archaea ( a classification of bacteria ). It did seem to lower the virulence of my gut issues, but it didn't make them go away.

I'm just wondering if this is on the radar as something that can help ME/CFS or not. Eating much more meat than usual and fewer plants has helped me so far. I'm really nervous about giving up plants altogether though. I feel like I'm in new territory. Your perspectives are welcome.

EddieB

Very interesting. Our house had a reverse osmosis filter. I realized a couple years ago I felt worse drinking that water, so I quit. Turns out it’s really acidic. There are arguments for/against/doesn’t matter on RO water, but I’ve decided to stay away from it. Bad news is that leaves me with bottled water. Tap water here has fluoride, not sure if that can be filtered out. All these processes probably alter or damage the water, possibly causing the compounds your speaking of. No springs nearby, so stuck for now.....

Last edited:

Not dead yet!

Very interesting. Our house had a reverse osmosis filter. I realized a couple years ago I felt worse drinking that water, so I quit. Turns out it’s really acidic. There are arguments for/against/doesn’t matter on RO water, but I’ve decided to stay away from it. Bad news is that leaves me with bottled water. Tap water here has fluoride, not sure if that can be filtered out. All these processes probably alter or damage the water, possibly causing the compounds your speaking of. No springs nearby, so stuck for now.....

There's a remineralizing water filter I know about. I use it for flavor so I can drink more water than I naturally would like to. https://www.amazon.com/BWT-Austrian-Magnesium-Technology-Filtration/dp/B0756QK8L6/ It's designed to make tap water simply taste better. I like that it uses silver as a bacteriostatic, and isn't more expensive than Brita, but it has some interesting instructions like boiling the filter to kill germs once a week.

I've been using it for more than a year so it's definitely living up to the hype.

I'm not sure about RO water either. I have a lot of electrolyte issues so I am a bit afraid to try it. For instance, I had a problem just this week that wasn't solved until I drank a large amount of potassium bicarb (about 2 grams, in water). I don't know what's causing that.

Larry

I think about it this way. If were looking at health from a 0-100% sale. somewhere between 75-85% of our health is the result of authentic emotional expression. When emtoinl expression is compromised or otherwise not occurring, the remaining 15-25% (which is diet and movement) become increasingly important. This is proportional to the level of emotional expression. When the body is injured, things like mold, wheat, processed sugar can become important toxic loads to consider removing and ometjmes with beneficial results. The important thing that I feel is often overlooked, is the first 75-85% of the equation. Emotional expression is the mcu larger and more substantial tool to work on that affects everything else. In other words, spending a lot of energy on fixing things that provide a 1% improvement, while valid and effective, is high effort with small rewards. Focusing of the big rocks such as pacing, sleep and emotional regulation offer potentially huge leaps of 10, 20, 30 'sh% increases in energy levels and ultimately health status.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources