Major publisher retracts 64 scientific papers in fake peer review outbreak

JennyJenny

I know it is a problem and I know WE knew that there was a problem with the GET studies and probably the CBT studies. CBT studies are even being questioned as to how well they work with depression patients. I think CBT probably gives us fatigue and in turn causes more cognitive problems.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ajor-publisher-retracts-64-scientific-papers/

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I know it is a problem and I know WE knew that there was a problem with the GET studies and probably the CBT studies. CBT studies are even being questioned as to how well they work with depression patients. I think CBT probably gives us fatigue and in turn causes more cognitive problems.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ajor-publisher-retracts-64-scientific-papers/

I like this one "In a report for the journal Nature last fall, Oransky and his colleagues told the story of a Korean medicinal plant researcher who wrote peer reviews for 28 of his own papers. " :rolleyes: .....That takes some balls....

There are even services to help with this obfuscation:

“Some agencies are selling services, ranging from authorship of pre-written manuscripts to providing fabricated contact details for peer reviewers during the submission process and then supplying reviews from these fabricated addresses,” it said. “Some of these peer reviewer accounts have the names of seemingly real researchers but with email addresses that differ from those from their institutions or associated with their previous publications, others appear to be completely fictitious.”

That's amazing...

Yes, it's true CBT studies are not doing as well even in depression :jawdrop:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources