ME/CFS is not a disease, its a Universal gift

Mike Dessin

ME/CFS has sadly been mistaken for a disease.

The the only cure is recognizing it, for what it truly is....Instead of continually looking for whats wrong, its time to understand what makes the CFS person so incredibly special compared to the rest of the population.

jaminhealth

The the only cure is recognizing it, for what it truly is....Instead of continually looking for whats wrong, its time to understand what makes the CFS person so incredibly special compared to the rest of the population.

Could be the case, it's not my issue, but I know a pretty close friend who struggles with it.

JameDiagonal

That is correct! ME/CFS has sadly been mistaken for a disease. The the only cure is recognizing it, for what it truly is.

jaminhealth

So what is it then if not a disease? Look up the definition of a disease from the dictionary. I'm pretty sure that being bedbound 24/7 like severe ME/CFS patients does classify as a disease.

So there are ME/CFS people bedbound 24/7?????? I have a friend who has pretty severe ME and she can do well and then gets knocked out for a day or so after doing a little too much......

Remy

Administrator
So there are ME/CFS people bedbound 24/7?????? I have a friend who has pretty severe ME and she can do well and then gets knocked out for a day or so after doing a little too much......
Yes, of course there are. Many of them, actually. Your friend does not have severe ME if that is the course of her illness, more like mild to moderate.

jaminhealth

Yes, of course there are. Many of them, actually. Your friend does not have severe ME if that is the course of her illness, more like mild to moderate.

My friend was on or is still getting disability, so she was a lot lot worse yrs ago, she's probably dealt with ME over 25 yrs ago..... She continues to try to improve. I don't know what I'd be doing, my issues are manageable, but I don't drive, go any where to speak of, mail box and around the apt and a restaurant in pre covid days...

EddyM

@Mike Dessin You are right. It's not a disease. All CFS/ME are just lazy persons who don't want to do anything.
Of course I am just being sarcastic. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Defintion of disease: Disease, any harmful deviation from the normal structural or functional state of an organism, generally associated with certain signs and symptoms and differing in nature from physical injury. A diseased organism commonly exhibits signs or symptoms indicative of its abnormal state.

dejurgen

Anyone wants my "gift"? I'm open for trading it for good health. No other costs involved.

My friend was on or is still getting disability

Sadly enough, even what is a mild to moderate case of ME is a severe to very severe disease. It must be if a person with such unrecognized and hard to diagnose disease gets disability. A severe case of ME? Utterly cripling and hell!

Forebearance

Okay Mike, so then what does make the CFS person so incredibly special compared to the rest of the population? If you say that you had better tell us the answer!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources