Resource ME/CFS Organizations Demand Congress Restore CDC Funding Program [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Me?

I got this email from Dianne Feinstein's office today

Thank you for contacting me in support of myalgic encephalomyelitis/ chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) research funding. I appreciate the time you took to write, and welcome the opportunity to respond.

First, please allow me to extend my sympathy to individuals suffering from ME/CFS. I recognize that more research is needed in order to improve diagnosis and develop an effective treatment for this debilitating disease.

I understand that you support the designation of $100 million per year for the study of ME/CFS at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIH is currently conducting research on the cause, underlying mechanisms, and potential treatments for ME/CFS, and has formed a Trans-NIH ME/CFS Working Group in order to coordinate these activities.

I supported the 2015 Consolidated Appropriations Act (Public Law 113-235), which was signed into law by President Obama on December 16, 2014. This law provides $30.3 billion for the NIH and $6.9 billion for the CDC in Fiscal Year (FY) 2015, including $5.4 million in funding for ME/CFS research at the CDC.

Biomedical research is critical to developing innovative treatments to combat illnesses like ME/CFS. Since coming to the Senate, I have been a strong supporter of federal funding for biomedical research, monitoring, and awareness efforts at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Department of Defense Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program. You may also be interested to know that I am a member of the Senate NIH Caucus, a bipartisan organization dedicated to supporting the NIH.

Please know that I have made note of your request for dedicated funds at NIH for the study of ME/CFS. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind as the fiscal year 2016 appropriations process continues.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources