ME/CFS phone support group

sasha

Are you still doing the phone group? I see this is 3 years ago when attempted. I might be interested.
Yes, we have weekly calls - each Saturday at 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific. Each Saturday call typically last about 1.5 hours (but you can join for a shorter period of time). At the end of this post is a summary of the Saturday call's format. The Saturday calls cover a wide range of topics - it really just depends on what the participants on a given call select as the topics (which is done at the start of each Saturday call). There are also currently two informal social support calls during the week. More info at the links below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MECFSPhoneGroup/
https://me-pedia.org/wiki/ME/CFS_Phone_Support_Group

FORMAT OF SATURDAY CALLS:
1. Intro/Topic Selection (the first 5-10 minutes of the call): Each call begins with a short summary of the group’s call guidelines. New callers are also invited to briefly introduce themselves. Then 2-4 topics are selected by the participants to discuss on that call. Participants are also welcome to send topic suggestions in advance through the Facebook page for the ME/CFS Weekly Phone Support Group or at MECFSPhoneGroup@gmail.com.
2. Main, Moderated Portion of Call (approx. 1.5 hours): The group discusses 2-4 individual topics. The amount of time spent on each topic depends on scope of topics, level of interest, etc. Typically the group spends about 15-30 minutes per topic.
3. Science/Current Events Update: Toward the end of the call, sometimes the group gives a brief update/summary on recent research, advocacy efforts, and upcoming events and initiatives by groups like MEAction, OMF, SMCI.
4. Unmoderated/Informal Discussions: After about 1.5 hours, the moderated portion of the call is ended. But call participants are welcome to stay on longer for informal discussions. These discussions might relate to ME/CFS or could just be social chatting.

Reactions: CJB

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources