Medical Marijuana

Dean Justus

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from:http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/gog-and-magog/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Remy

Administrator
This is a good site to peruse for information on cannabinoid treatment. https://www.theroc.us

They also offer free consultations by phone if you would like to speak to someone knowledgeable.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from:http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/gog-and-magog/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
I've found high THC cannabis to be a very effective sleep aid. It actually lets me sleep eight hours at times which I find amazing. The only downside is some drowsiness/grogginess in the morning if I take it too late or take too much.
https://www.healthrising.org/forums...using-medical-marijuana-in-fibromyalgia.4616/

LauraS

I have just started using marijuana (vape oil) under close medical supervision. It was prescribed for severe neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia. The high CBD/low THC formula I'm using leaves me with no high whatsoever. So far, I am getting limited pain relief and considerable relief of nausea, weakness, and brain fog. I'm only three days in with this, but I am optimistic. After six years of unsuccessful effort and steady deterioration, it's thrilling to find something that helps. My doctor will be tinkering with the formula, hopefully for even better results. I'd love to hear from other ME/CFS/FM sufferers who have experience using marijuana.

Paw

I've been amazed by the differences among strains. I used to think that pot was pot. But now it seems like different strains are very different medications. I find I can't tolerate most sativa-dominate strains, as they amplify my overall neuropathic symptoms.

For now, my main choice for waking hours is a mostly indica blueberry with high CBD content and moderately high THC. For sleep, though, I'm using a strawberry blend that does include 25% sativa but has relatively low CBD.

I have not tried anything with super-low THC, so I can't comment on that, but, now that I've settled into a medicinal routine, I can say that I experience the euphoric effects of the THC simply as a side-effect -- it's still there, but no longer particularly appealing (or unappealing). Still, it's hard to imagine getting the full benefits without any THC, as the overall medicinal impact involves a comprehensive body/mind relaxation.

All in all, I've been finding so much variation that I would recommend adventurous patients try a wide sampling of strains over time to find out which ones are most helpful. I'll bet it's very individualistic.

LauraS

Yes, my understanding is that it can vary tremendously. I'm concerned about fatigue. Higher THC makes some people more tired, something I wouldn't be able to tolerate. What is your experience?

Paw

Yes, I've never been able to "medicate" during the day -- only in the evening when I'm winding down and have nothing left to accomplish. My symptoms are worst at the end of the day anyway. Occasionally on bad "flu" days when I can't do anything I'll medicate for a nicer rest.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources