#MillionsMissing Protest for ME/CFS: Virtual March on Ottawa

concepcion

View attachment 893

(en français ci-dessous)

What: #MillionsMissing Protest for ME/CFS: Virtual March on Ottawa
Why: Urgent Need to Increase ME/CFS Research Funding
Where: Online Across Canada
When: May 25th, 2016, 11 a.m. -12 p.m. PST (see below for regional times)
Regional Protest times:
Newfoundland Time: 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Atlantic Time: 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Eastern Time: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Central Time: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Mountain Time: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Pacific Time: 11a.m. to 12 p.m.

Lack of research into ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) has led to lack of treatments and lack of understanding of this devastating and disabling disease. For the 2016-2017 year, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) have invested $0.11 per ME/CFS patient in Canada, for a grand total of $45,000 in funding. By comparison, MS (Multiple Sclerosis), a similarly disabling chronic disease, is receiving funding of $54.11 per patient, for a grand total of $5,870,426. That’s close to 500 times less funding per patient for ME/CFS, a disease about which very little is known; a disease for which there are no treatments; a disease that leaves #MillionsMissing from their previously full lives.

Join us in blasting emails to MPs across Canada to call for:
  • An end to discrimination by successive Canadian governments that has led to #MillionsMissing in research funding for ME/CFS
  • Immediate research funding commitments for ME/CFS equal to those of other disabling and life-destroying diseases
  • Equality for the hundreds of thousands of Canadian citizens with ME/CFS who are missing in action
How much effort is involved?

We will provide you with everything to make your participation as easy and fast as possible: a pre-prepared email to send to MPs; a list of all the MP email addresses; instructions for how and when to prepare and send your email.

Sign up to be kept up-to-date on this campaign and to receive instructions for the email blast:
Send an email with the subject line “Sign me up for #MillionsMissing – Canada” to: mefmbcsociety@gmail.com

Or join and share the event with your social network via Facebook: RSVP - Facebook

Other Ways to Participate
Other ways to help our campaign and the global #MillionsMissing protests:
Version Français
(A Noter: Nous avons encore besoin d’aide avec la traduction. Veuillez nous contacter: mefmbcsodiety@gmail.com)

Evenement Canadien #desMillionsManques: Manifestation Virtuel

Quoi ? La manifestation #MillionsMissing pour l’EM/SFC
Pourquoi ? Besoin urgents d’augmenter le financement pour la recherche sur l’EM/SFC
Où ? Sur l’Internet
Quand ? Le 25 mai 2016, de 11h00 à12h00 HNP (voir les horaires régionaux ci-dessous)

Le manque de recherche sur l’EM/SFC (L’encéphalomyélite myalgique/syndrome de fatigue chronique) a entrainé une absence de traitement et un manque de compréhension par rapport à cette maladie dévastatrice et invalidante. Pour l’année 2016-2017, par exemple, les Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada (IRSC) ont investi 0,11 $ par patient, pour un financement total de 45 000 $. En comparaison, la sclérose en plaque, une maladie entrainant une invalidité semblable, reçoit en moyenne 54,11 $ par patient, pour un financement total de 5 870 426 $ annuellement. Ça fait presque 500 fois la somme allouée par patient qui souffre d’EM/SFC, une maladie que l’on connait encore très peu, une maladie pour laquelle il n’y a aucun traitement, une maladie qui empêche à des millions de personnes de vivre pleinement.

Nous vous invitons de nous rejoindre afin d’inonder nos députés canadiens de courriels, dans le but de demander :

1. La fin de la discrimination menée par les gouvernements canadiens successifs qui a entrainé un tel manque de financement pour la recherche sur l’EM/SFC
2. Un engagement concret et immédiat en ce qui concerne l’allocation de financement pour l’EM/SFC et ce dans les mêmes proportions que ce qui est attribué aux maladies comparables
3. L’égalité de traitement pour les centaines de milliers de citoyen(ne)s canadien(ne)s qui vivent avec l’EM/SFC et qui par conséquent ne peuvent plus participer pleinement à la société

Pour participer et afin de rester informé du progrès de notre campagne:

Veuillez nous envoyer un courriel ayant comme objet “m’inscrire à #desMillionsManquent — Canada” à l’adresse suivante : mefmbcsociety@gmail.com

www.millionsmissing.meaction.net/locations/canada-virtual

Lissa

Perhaps most are already aware that ME Action is doubling down and doing a second round of the #MillionsMissing protests on September 27th.... in multiple cities worldwide.

This seems worthy of a bump to promote sharing to get the word out!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources