MillionsMissing Protest Gets into Business Insider

fdotx

http://www.businessinsider.com/me-cfs-protest-government-2016-9?ref=yfp

Imagine living with a disease that renders you disabled and exhausted, unable to meet the physical demands of daily living. Now imagine that much of the medical establishment refused to believe your disease was "real" in the sense of a physical illness and failed to fund research into its true causes and treatment.

That's the situation of the more than 1 million people in the US living with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, or ME/CFS. The disease causes crippling exhaustion, particularly after exercise, as well as pain, nonrestorative sleep, and other issues. It often, but not always, arises suddenly after an illness like the flu. Science still can't explain what causes it or offer useful treatments.

Last edited by a moderator:

GG

@fdotx what do you think about changing the threads title to show millions missing so more people see it?

Yeah, think more descriptive titles are better, should draw more people in. And think there has been more than 1 time where Business Insideer covers CFS/ME/CFIDS etc..

GG

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Great article. Did anyone see this pic? Wow! Takes courage not only to get out of bed to protest but to make such an impactful statement. Good for her. Her sign says

YOU CAN'T IGNORE ME NOW

View attachment 2066
Wow...Great sign!

That does take guts upon guts - and it does get noticed!

Tina

@Cort said

My favorite article was in the Huffington Post. I like how the writer attached the number of sick people in each state.
Up to 99,000 in Illinois, 152,000 in New York and 211,000 in Texas
up to 76,000 in Michigan, 79,000 in Georgia and 300,000 in California
up to 52,000 patients in Massachusetts, the 69,000 in New Jersey and the 98,000
5,000 patients in Washington D.C. and the 55,000 in Seattle
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rivka-solomon/millionsmissing-a-hidden-_b_12183114.html

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources