my experience with the valtrex and meloxicam combo

Recliner

I just did four months worth of VALTREX / CELEBREX COMBO
The antiviral immune therapy.
I had to stop when I realized that it was making me even more tired and even more depressed!

I didn't think that more tired was even possible but the Depression was something that really came at me out of left field!
Of course, we're all a little depressed that we don't have our same lives that we used to, but this was different.

I've been off for about a month now and I'm feeling my mind coming back around but I was overly sensitive, bordering on compulsively replaying anything negative over and over in my mind.

Almost paranoid in my thoughts that my friends didn't like me anymore.
Extremely not like myself!

Tiredness and depression are a secondary side effect to the Valtrex. it took awhile for it to build up and thank goodness I finally recognized my own behavior and stopped taking it.

Just putting my info out there as an FYI for anybody else!

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I just did four months worth of VALTREX / CELEBREX COMBO
The antiviral immune therapy.
I had to stop when I realized that it was making me even more tired and even more depressed!

I didn't think that more tired was even possible but the Depression was something that really came at me out of left field!
Of course, we're all a little depressed that we don't have our same lives that we used to, but this was different.

I've been off for about a month now and I'm feeling my mind coming back around but I was overly sensitive, bordering on compulsively replaying anything negative over and over in my mind.

Almost paranoid in my thoughts that my friends didn't like me anymore.
Extremely not like myself!

Tiredness and depression are a secondary side effect to the Valtrex. it took awhile for it to build up and thank goodness I finally recognized my own behavior and stopped taking it.

Just putting my info out there as an FYI for anybody else!

Glad you figured it out. I imagine that it's hard when you're depressed to stand outside of that and say what the heck is going on? I tried Valtrex in pretty low dose without any problems but I remember it really whacked someone else out.

Recliner

Glad you figured it out. I imagine that it's hard when you're depressed to stand outside of that and say what the heck is going on? I tried Valtrex in pretty low dose without any problems but I remember it really whacked someone else out.

Hahaha!
Whacked out is right!

I started saying things completely out of character...

You know when your kindergarten teacher told you that person was only saying mean things to make themselves feel better? That was me!

I never have an unkind word to say about anyone....
Well, almost never. :)

Reactions: Dom

Who Me?

This is Pridgen's protocol. Antiviral with anti inflammatory. I took the info below from PR

Dr. Pridgen's had 9 cocktail mix patents are showing up all August 13, 2013:
http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20130203783
http://www.faqs.org/patents/inventor/william-l-pridgen-tuscaloosa-us-1/
I found Dr. Pridgen's 9 pending patents for his cocktail mixes!!!!!!
1) VALACICLOVIR AND CELECOXIB COMBINATION
2) VALACICLOVIR AND DICLOFENAC COMBINATION
3) ACICLOVIR AND DICLOFENAC COMBINATION
4) ACICLOVIR AND CELECOXIB COMBINATION
5) FAMCICLOVIR AND DICLOFENAC COMBINATION
6) ACICLOVIR AND MELOXICAM COMBINATION
7) FAMCICLOVIR AND MELOXICAM COMBINATION
8) VALACICLOVIR AND MELOXICAM COMBINATION
9) ANTIVIRAL COMPOUND AND COX-2 INHIBITOR COMBINATION INCLUDING COMBINATION OF FAMCICLOVIR AND CELECOXIB

2) Where the research results are NOT being found easily under Dr. Pridgen's name, studies are being found up his associate professor's name... Dr. Carol Duffy
http://bsc.ua.edu/about/faculty-directory/carol-duffy/

Carol Duffy received a Ph.D. in Microbiology from the University of Iowa in 2000 and completed her postdoctoral research at Cornell University. She was appointed Assistant Professor at the University of Alabama in 2007, and Associate Professor in 2013.

Research Interests

My research interests lie in elucidating the mechanisms used by herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) to replicate within its host. The herpesviruses have been co-evolving with their hosts for millions of years, and have consequently developed elaborate mechanisms for replication and evasion of their hosts’ defense systems. HSV-1 is a neurotropic herpesvirus that infects ~80% of young adults worldwide. Infection of its human host is initiated with a lytic infection of the mucosal epithelium and continues through invasion of the peripheral nervous system that usually leads to establishment of a reactivatable latent infection. On occasion, HSV-1 spreads to the central nervous system, causing the most common type of sporadic viral encephalitis seen in western countries. In addition, HSV-1 can infect the corneal epithelium, causing a disease known as herpes simplex keratitis that often results in vision damage.

HSV-1 contains a structure unique to all herpesviruses called the tegument, which is composed of 20+ viral and cellular proteins packaged into virions between the capsid and envelope. Tegument proteins play a variety of roles in infection including the regulation of viral and host gene expression and the promotion of virus assembly and egress. Many tegument proteins are synthesized late in infection at the time of virus assembly. Upon infection, both the genome-containing capsid and the tegument proteins are released into the host cell. Thus tegument proteins can potentially exert their activities at both very early times prior to viral gene expression, and late times when they are produced in high amounts.

Studies in my lab focus on determining the roles of the various tegument proteins during HSV-1 replication and the mechanisms by which those roles are carried out. To this end, we utilize techniques in genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, microscopy, genomics, and proteomics. HSV-1 provides an excellent research system due to its short replication cycle and ease of culture. In addition there are a large number of available mutant HSV-1 strains, and with the development of the HSV-1 Bacterial Artificial Chromosome system, new mutants are easily designed and generated.

Selected Publications by Dr. Duffy
Mbong EF, Woodley L, Dunkerley E, Schrimpf JE, Morrison LA, Duffy C. Deletion of the herpes simplex virus 1 UL49 gene results in mRNA and protein translation defects that are complemented by secondary mutations in UL41. J Virol. 2012 Nov;86(22):12351-61.

Dewberry EJ, Dunkerley E, Duffy C. Purification of full-length VP22 from cells infected with HSV-1: A two-pronged approach for the solubilization and purification of viral proteins for use in biochemical studies. J Virol Methods. 2012 Aug;183(2):180-5.

Mbong EF, Woodley L, Frost E, Baines JD, Duffy C. Deletion of UL21 causes a delay in the early stages of the herpes simplex virus 1 replication cycle. J Virol. 2012 Jun;86(12):7003-7.

Duffy C, Mbong EF, Baines JD. VP22 of herpes simplex virus 1 promotes protein synthesis at late times in infection and accumulation of a subset of viral mRNAs at early times in infection. J Virol. 2009 Jan;83(2):1009-17.

Duffy C, Lavail JH, Tauscher AN, Wills EG, Blaho JA, Baines JD. Characterization of a UL49-null mutant: VP22 of herpes simplex virus type 1 facilitates viral spread in cultured cells and the mouse cornea. J Virol. 2006 Sep;80(17):8664-75.

Recliner

I wish I could say that was very interesting... But most of it was above my head!
Thank you for posting it, it's good to have more information.
Funny how hard we will search to find what were looking for... I finally found his combinations under "U.S. research and patents pending"!!
I think that was the name of it. It was quite a long time ago.
No one is as dogged determined as a chronic sick person!

Recliner

Yeah, I did it for 4 months.
Having no effect would have been better!
I was so depressed and wrapped up in my own mind that I was bordering on aggressive...
Verbally, I mean.
Tiredness and depression are just a little further down on the list of side effects for Valtrex.

Recliner

Minx,
If this is the great and long awaited treatment/cure from Pridgen & the gang.
We're Screwed!!!!!
Everyone was talking like this was gonna be IT!!!!
I dug every where to find it and try it.
I was so disappointed, I could've cried.....OR KILLED SOMEONE!! HAHA!

roxi

Hi, everyone, How much Valaciclovir were you taking please?

I am trying it too, but by itself. I started with 2 grams a day and increased to 3, but I feel awful,i cant stand up at all, my breathing is almost inexistent. etc. However I will persevere, but i wanted to know if anyone else tried it and how did it work.

Issie

I'm listening to a webinar summit on retrovirus. They have found we can be born with retrovirus and something can activate it. We can also get it from others and from eating contaminated meat. The scary thing is the RNA can turn it into our own DNA and then it goes into every cell. It becomes a part of our own DNA or basically who we are. If this is " attacked" to strongly it could in a sense start breaking us down. The suggestions are mostly herbals, so far. Also enzymes. If not careful a full out autoimmune response could happen as you are basically causing an attack on self. This is tricky and in its infancy as to how to address it. One way is to not introduce more virus into your system and cause for need of detox. They are finding especially bovine to carry virus if not well cooked. Even connecting it to (I think they said) 30% of breast cancers. It also comes through breast milk, this virus.

This summit is soooooo interesting but at same time makes one quite overwhelmed by the impact this could be having. And then what to do about it.

Issie

Issie

As I'm listening more......it comes down to the immune system and how it functions. Even if these virus are in our cells and a part of us......they may not manifest. Something could activate them. But how our immune system reacts to that determines if we get sick or not. Back to what I have felt, for years, as the core issues.......Immune system and inflammation.

dejurgen

I'm listening to a webinar summit on retrovirus.

Hi Issie,

Could you post a link on it? Sounds both interesting and scary. That's why I hope this research is wrong. Now I'm acting as so many doctors do when they hear about our disease: close my eyes and hope that makes it not true :).

Apo Sci

A problem with Pridgen is that he is trying to commercialize the drug cocktails. He must randomize and control the study to avoid the vested interest problem. It will also have to be replicated by another study from an unrelated investigator.

Dom

It's still interesting how you don't see a soul mention H2 Blockers like Tagamet considering how potent they are at quickly getting ebv titers down (Dr Goldstein noticed this as have several patients of his). Whether they have an effect on B Cells I don't know, but they actively stop il10 from being produced and get the t cells working again that were incapacitated by ebv. Which can't be bad.

However most H2's have been discontinued or banned/pulled. Pepcid seems to be the only one left.

Issie

It's still interesting how you don't see a soul mention H2 Blockers like Tagamet considering how potent they are at quickly getting ebv titers down (Dr Goldstein noticed this as have several patients of his). Whether they have an effect on B Cells I don't know, but they actively stop il10 from being produced and get the t cells working again that were incapacitated by ebv. Which can't be bad.

However most H2's have been discontinued or banned/pulled. Pepcid seems to be the only one left.
As far as I know, Tagament is the only H2 moderator that won't completely block H2 receptors. We don't want to block them as that is what moderates the histamine release/response from the H1 receptors. Pepcid does block that response. We want to get the H2 receptors to working, not block them. We need the T cells working properly and H2 receptors helps this happen. See the threads on histamine. Bayard has a couple and Dejurgen and I have one (but it hasn't been updated). Dejurgen and I have written quite a bit on the blogs too about it. Do a search under our names and histamine. The thread that Bayard has going has a lot of good links and also a link to a technical book that tells how the histamine receptors work and why we NEED histamine to keep working. Just not too much of it. Getting H2R to work properly is the goal.

Reactions: Dom

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources