Near full recovery protocol

CLF

I am nearly fully recovered from fibro. I fully recovered from pain, pretty severe brain fog and fatigue, tingling, intestinal problems, light sensitivity, and frequent rashes in response to foods and pills/supplements. My energy level is about 85% recovered at this point. This is the only remaining symptom.

After months of experimenting and research, I developed the following protocol:

The most important component for me is thiamine, Vit. B1. I recovered from severe brain fog/fatigue overnight by taking 20 mg. B1 in a high dose B Complex and vitamin supplement. The brand I use is natural and sourced from whole foods. Over the next six months, I slowly continued to recover and experiment with other treatments. I added magnesium since B1 supplementation can deplete magnesium (as well as zinc, potassium and a few other vitamins. I found that high quality vitamins/diet covered those needs.). In addition, several things were helpful:

- CES devise. I purchased a $100 CES device on amazon to help with insomnia and mood. I use at a low setting, 5 or 6 for 30 minutes for insomnia. Not a 100% perfect cure, but it helps a lot. If I really can’t sleep, I take 500 mg of L- tryptophan.

- Malic acid. I take about 100 mg. daily, which helps with energy levels

- ALC supplementation helped me over the finish line to recovery. It restored my energy levels significantly. However, it can cause insomnia for me. As long as I stick to a very low dose – about a 16th of one pill, I get the benefits without side effects.

- I already maintained a very healthy diet and a daily exercise routine before I experienced fibro. I’m sure this foundation helped. My diet is pescatarian – plenty of organic produce, nuts, and beans. I have been gluten-free for years. I do consume gluten free whole grains – oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, etc. I have fish at least twice/wk.

When I developed fibro, I found I needed more protein. Eggs are now essential. I eat eggs about 5 times/week. If I start to feel fatigued, a few days of eggs daily really helps. I also eat more yogurt and high quality cheese. I try to eat pasture raised eggs and dairy when possible. I do not eat any foods that contain dyes, additives, etc. I also avoid any additives in supplements. Almost all additives cause rashes for me.

- During the week, I do about 45 minutes of cardio and weight training daily. On the weekends, I hike and practice yoga. As long as I respect my limits, working out is essential for mood, energy and general health.

A number of other supplements/changes that I think have contributed to my recovery include:

- 5htp, I need very little, 100 mg./day
- NAC supplement, 1200 mg./day
- Vit. D, 1,000 mg/ day
- ALA Supplement, 500 mg./day
- Collagen powder daily
- Cutting back on caffeine and alcohol. Caffeine and alcohol deplete Vit. B 1. In the first months of my recovery, limiting caffeine and alcohol was very important. Now, I don’t overdo it, but it’s less of an issue.
- LED red light therapy
- Myofascial release therapy – really helped with muscle pain

Overall, my recovery is a lifestyle, not a one-time cure. It took about six months to recover on the protocol above. However, I would say that Thiamine is close to a cure for me – tremendous improvements on 20 mg. daily.

Sheila O'

Really happy for you, that's great to hear!

Have you also been practicing pacing or any mindset work during these six months?

CLF

Really happy for you, that's great to hear!

Have you also been practicing pacing or any mindset work during these six months?
Thank you! Not particularly, though I did believe I would find a solution, most days anyway.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources