Need info...have just been diagnosed with brain mass

Ladyliegh

I apologize for my lack of specifics, I will update asap.
Friday I went to my Dr., I had been having headaches for a few days & was spilling my drinks(I use a cane with my right hand) also had a little clumsiness, not that unusual at 58, lol. Headache mostly on right side. Anywho... went for a CT scan, went home for nap, woke up with 5 missed calls from private # & 1 message from Dr. saying she would try me again :confused:, she finally calls again at 6pm, says the CT scan shows a mass that is causing pressure & needs to be removed asap.
Golf ball size mass is in the general area of the top of my head.:hurting:
So no time to Dr. shop or do much research, barely have had time to digest initial info. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, had to get some ducks in a row & today I will try to get written info to better share & understand... ATM I am interested in the potential unanticipated damage from this surgery. I would like to keep however imperfect my muttled brain. Again I apologize for the lack of proper terminology & will correct this asap. But since I have not seen my diagnosis written down, I can't write it down... my Dr. leaves a lot to be desired..no bedside manner, 5am, hussle in & out, bare minimum of info. So this morning, I am up earlier, migraine is giving me a break, so maybe I can get lines of communication open. I have come to respect the community here & hope for some help on short notice... After 30 yrs of CFS, this is the last thing I expected..:nailbiting:
I have repeatedly tried to suggest they take a good look at the CT scans for mold illness & CFS, since the opportunity is provided..I am frustrated however, they keep blowing my off.. Yes, I know, the mass has to be removed, yes I know it is most likely not caused my mold or CFS, YES I know you are not Listening to me:shifty: I do feel my recovery could be influenced...by many things....whine..whine...whine..
Headache is returning so, need a break from small typeface...
Thank you for reading my incomplete info & I welcome any questions or suggestions...sigh

Tammy7

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I just want to say you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Empty

ladyleigh at least you don't have long to worry about the surgery!

I am sorry but I don't have any suggestions. You might get cured from CFS!

keep us posted - and good luck with it...

Ladyliegh

Lol, great potential side effect, no more cfs!:linkme::p:p
A nurse was going to get me info printed out, but, I am so lightweight with pain meds, I have beenout out of it for most of the day. I have been blessed to be surrounded by friends & family, I am grateful for the & support maybe it is good that I didn't drive myself crazy with what ifs. My Nuro surgeon is 45 so I am hoping he's. A Dougie Howser 1typec.f. prodigy :doctor::woot:
I did however update my will &try to put a few things in place to cover unexpected shit however imperfect my brain is, I hope I wake up with most of it still intact. Meds are kicking my butt again.so I will nap till 4pm & Add more info if possibility thanks for listen to my ramblings......:yawn:

Empty

Lol, great potential side effect, no more cfs!:linkme::p:p
A nurse was going to get me info printed out, but, I am so lightweight with pain meds, I have beenout out of it for most of the day. I have been blessed to be surrounded by friends & family, I am grateful for the & support maybe it is good that I didn't drive myself crazy with what ifs. My Nuro surgeon is 45 so I am hoping he's. A Dougie Howser 1typec.f. prodigy :doctor::woot:
I did however update my will &try to put a few things in place to cover unexpected shit however imperfect my brain is, I hope I wake up with most of it still intact. Meds are kicking my butt again.so I will nap till 4pm & Add more info if possibility thanks for listen to my ramblings......:yawn:

45 is a rather good age for your surgeon. They are very good at what they do.

Erm I hope you wake up with all of it in tact - but the brain is genius at re-wiring itself after surgeries regardless.

I am happy to hear you have friends and family to snuggle around you - this helps...

Once you get the surgery over- you will be in recovery mode and high as a kite...

Empty

Well its just gone midnight here in the uk.

Just checking in to see if there was any update... Thoughts And Prayers.

AquaFit

Ladyleigh, sending warm and supportive thoughts to you from across the pond. I do hope you've been given more information and reassurance.

If your family wants to bring you food, maybe ask them for wilted greens and veggies prepared as you like them. Eat as healthy as you can before and after to help your body to heal itself. Can't go wrong with lots of organic greens, eggs, etc. Fruit and coconut/almond milk smoothies, that sort of thing. When I feel unwell I'll have spinach or baby dark greens wilted in a bowl topped w 2 organic eggs w runny yolk and a lot of salt to my taste. So helpful. Coconut water has electrolytes, that helps repair tissue too. Hospital food is notoriously unhealthy. Too much sugar and the greens are overcooked, so no nutrients left.

Bring slippers to the hospital with a heel part on them cause the ones with no heel are slippy. You don't need to fall and hit your head while recovering! For your migraines, here's a thought: your head is even heavier for your spine to support because of the mass. Until your surgery, perhaps try folding a newspaper and wrapping it with a scarf and tying that around your neck. Or ask the nurse at the hospital for a neck brace. The hole at the base of our skull contains all our blood vessels, nerves, etc. My (layperson's) theory is pressure around there as a tired body holds up a heavy head may be causing migraines for some of us.

xoxoxo

Lissa

@Ladyliegh - hope you are doing OK. Thinking of you -- can't imagine how hard it must be. Fingers crossed that it's a success, and you wind up CURED! :)

Empty

Ty, all, sorry for delayed update, still don't know much, except the mass has been removed & thank God, they didn't shave my head. I now have assorted sized staples in my head. :hurting::blackeye::sour: and 1 hell of a headache.
I still can't believe how fast this happened..

that's awesome! well done.

you know you can still write coherent sentences so woo hoo :)

Hope that pain eases quickly.

Last edited:

Remy

Administrator
Ty, all, sorry for delayed update, still don't know much, except the mass has been removed & thank God, they didn't shave my head. I now have assorted sized staples in my head. :hurting::blackeye::sour: and 1 hell of a headache.
I still can't believe how fast this happened..
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Ladyliegh

Just an update, that isn't really an update, as I know nothing new & still do not know anything about the pathology report they were suppose to have the results today. LOL!
I guess I could share the horrible time I had the evening I came home from the hospital, 1 of my sons had to rush my 16yr old dog to the emergency vet clinic & of course she died. So, my first evening home was heart wrenching.
They tried to kill me after surgery, I had an asthma attack & even though I told 30 people, everyone involved with the nurology dpt..& so on..it still took them over 30 min.to get me a rescue inhaler...Murphy's Law.
I really shouldn't complain much, because the really important stuff turned out OK. I felt a bit better full body wise after 2 days, but I am still getting horrible headachs, & I am flying high on more pain :wacky:drugs than I have ever taken in my. life All in All I am doing OK:cool:

Empty

Just an update, that isn't really an update, as I know nothing new & still do not know anything about the pathology report they were suppose to have the results today. LOL!
I guess I could share the horrible time I had the evening I came home from the hospital, 1 of my sons had to rush my 16yr old dog to the emergency vet clinic & of course she died. So, my first evening home was heart wrenching.
They tried to kill me after surgery, I had an asthma attack & even though I told 30 people, everyone involved with the nurology dpt..& so on..it still took them over 30 min.to get me a rescue inhaler...Murphy's Law.
I really shouldn't complain much, because the really important stuff turned out OK. I felt a bit better full body wise after 2 days, but I am still getting horrible headachs, & I am flying high on more pain :wacky:drugs than I have ever taken in my. life All in All I am doing OK:cool:

Sorry to hear about the sudden death of your dog.

Glad to hear you are coping with it all bit by bit

Wishing you good news

Remy

Administrator
I should add that I am sitting in front of a giant bowl of homemade shrimp Gumbo & couldn't be happier ATM.:p
So sorry about the loss of your dog. :( They sure are family.

I hope you enjoy your gumbo and I'm glad you are home.

Not dead yet!

@Ladyliegh - I'm sorry I missed this. :eggonface: Sometimes I can be overly self focused. I'm so sorry this happened as such a whirlwind but I'm glad your last update said you're feeling better. ((((hugs)))) :joyful:

I take it very hard when a beloved pet dies. So sorry about your dog. What awful timing! I'm never sure what to say about a death, because the experience of loss is so personal. But I empathize and hope your recovery is complete, physically and emotionally. I'm going to light a candle and say a special prayer for you.

Be well.

(darn it, it won't let me add the bouquet of flowers emoji)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources