New Fibromyalgia Blood Test is 99% Accurate

JennyJenny

I don't remember seeing this "definitive" article although knew of his blood test and tried to get my insurance company to pay for it. Sorry if information like this already posted and although I think I saw information on the blood test posted here just cannot remember if it was from this time period.

My Health Logics
"A new blood test for fibromyalgia is more accurate than previously thought and will not confuse the chronic pain disorder with other diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, according to the physician who developed the test."

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I don't remember seeing this "definitive" article although knew of his blood test and tried to get my insurance company to pay for it. Sorry if information like this already posted and although I think I saw information on the blood test posted here just cannot remember if it was from this time period.

My Health Logics
"A new blood test for fibromyalgia is more accurate than previously thought and will not confuse the chronic pain disorder with other diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, according to the physician who developed the test."

Very interesting - I had missed this.. It's interesting that a) immune response in FM was down - as it may be in ME/CFS and that the profile was so different from other inflammatory diseases.

The study did come out

Simply measuring 4 cytokines/chemokines - IL-6, IL-8, MIP-1 alpha and MIP-1 beta - was all that was necessary.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25377646

Thanks

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources