New Laws on Controlled Substance prescriptions

Who Me?

As of January this year, the DEA has really cracked down on controlled substances. I'm talking about benzos which I need for sleep.

I don't quite understand what my docs office was telling me so I'm hoping someone could clarify. What I think I was told was no refills, you have to have a hard copy of the RX, and some docs only give 3 weeks worth of medication. He gave me refills for 3 benzos but told me not to fill them all at once. And he can never give me 3 rx's at one visit again.

My docs office is running scared, patients are freaking, pharmacies are freaking.

They suggested I find a psychiatrist who can more easily write this kind of rx. That's fine but my experience with them has not been good so I'm not sure how to find one that will help. and understand.

Oh I think she said all pharmacies are in a network so they can check to see if you have multiple RX's filled at different pharmacies.

Last edited:

weyland

Sucks for those that know the dangers and rely on them, but perhaps good for others since in my experience doctors pass these out like candy without warning about dependence.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources