New Migraine Drugs Provide Hope for ME/CFS and FM Patients

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Some studies suggest migraine - a condition that includes severe headaches, sensitivity to stimuli and often produces severe fatigue - may be rampant in chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and FM. In fact, some doctors use migraine drugs to reduce other symptoms in ME/CFS/FM.

The high prevalence, symptoms similarity and blood flow problems probably found in both diseases suggest people with ME/CFS and FM might want to keep an eye on what's going with migraine.

Recently migraine sufferers have received some very good news. A new class of drugs going through clinical trials that are getting excellent results suggest that relief could be around the corner for migraine sufferers and who knows, perhaps some ME/CFS and FM patients as well.

Migraines are often missed by patients and doctors. Check out migraine self-tests in Health Rising's Treatment Resource section

Ughhh

I've tried both ajovy and aimovig. Ajovy I felt really good on first month, unfortunately second month shot I got an outrageous rash on my face and around my eyes so they switched me to aimovig which never seemed to work quite as well. Aimovig did seem to reduce the number of days per month I spent with head pain cycles related to the weather changes. I've heard they are doing some clinical trials using the CGRP blockers (ajovy, aimovig) for fibromyalgia which is interesting.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

New Threads

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources