Now we're getting somewhere

Who Me?

In a nutshell

WASHINGTON – The House overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan bill Friday that would fast-track federal approval of drugs and boost biomedical research in the United States.

There had been concern Thursday that last minute opposition from both sides of the aisle could derail the medical cures bill that clears nearly $9 billion in new funding for the National Institutes of Health.

The measure though sailed through the House 344-77 despite objections from consumer organizations and others arguing the measure would erode government safeguards against dangerous and ineffective products.
The bill's supporters said that with advances like genetic mapping and biologic medicines produced in living cells, it is time to streamline how federal regulators assess the safety of new treatments and let them reach markets.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
In a nutshell

WASHINGTON – The House overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan bill Friday that would fast-track federal approval of drugs and boost biomedical research in the United States.

There had been concern Thursday that last minute opposition from both sides of the aisle could derail the medical cures bill that clears nearly $9 billion in new funding for the National Institutes of Health.

The measure though sailed through the House 344-77 despite objections from consumer organizations and others arguing the measure would erode government safeguards against dangerous and ineffective products.
The bill's supporters said that with advances like genetic mapping and biologic medicines produced in living cells, it is time to streamline how federal regulators assess the safety of new treatments and let them reach markets.
Love it!
It can only help....
I wonder if it will help Ampligen (???)

Cort

Staff member
Doesn't Hemixpherix have to get their act together first?
Hemispherx has to find a way to raise more money for trials. Since they just successfully sued for falsely representing their findings - that's going to be hard, if not impossible to do...On the other hand it's a good drug and hopefully some way can be found to move it forward.

Cort

Staff member
As I've said before, they've really screwed the pooch with Ampligen
No denying that here - and they also had a rough time with the FDA - I don't' think they were given a fair shake either. I know they don't think they were.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources