OMG Phoenix Rising Sucks

Apo Sci

Hi everyone. New to the forum here. I was participating in the Phoenix Rising CFS Forum. OMG, terrible place. All kinds of harassment and false accusations. They don't want competition from anyone who has a different approach to CFSME treatment. I'm going to park here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl#1

Personally I dislike PR forum software since they made changes to it making it totally incompatible with my browser. The latest PR software does a very poor excuse for an extension that I use, which no longer works on PR but works on countless other forums which allows recall of text input, be it submitted or unsubmitted and all revisions, not just text that was being input which that forum frequently loses my not submitted text.

On this forum I can recall all previously entered text from any which I have entered on this forum.

BTW Are you aware that Cort is the man behind both forums? I just hope that this forum software does not go the same way as PR. If it does then I will be off somewhere else with my ideas on curing it.

I have had a few encounters with PR mods myself. They do not like anyone having any issues with certain established members who are permitted to post false information backed by rubbish research links misleading people into paying out money on useless supplements in some false hope that it will help them. While leading some into dismay when they are unable to use the supplements due to other issues. Placebo. I wonder whether they are secretly part of the psychology crowd trying to promote healing "it's all in your head", if you do this it will promote healing.

Apo Sci

I have had a few encounters with PR mods myself. They do not like anyone having any issues with certain established members who are permitted to post false information backed by rubbish research links misleading people into paying out money on useless supplements in some false hope that it will help them. While leading some into dismay when they are unable to use the supplements due to other issues. Placebo. I wonder whether they are secretly part of the psychology crowd trying to promote healing "it's all in your head", if you do this it will promote healing.

You hit the nail on the head. I was being trolled by one moderator of questionable credentials who I noticed was giving medical advice while she went on a rampage and censored me "giving medical advice". It got tiresome.

She also encouraged me to donate a treatment protocol I had been working on for 11 years to the site for free (with no medical supervision) and said she would ban me if I tried to tell anyone about my own future site unless it was nonprofit. Meanwhile, all kinds of dubious for profit supplement regimens are allowed.

And I noticed that none of my researched suggestions made it to their nonsense suggested testing and treatment protocol so I kept having to repeat myself ad nauseum.

Please.

Remy

Administrator
@Apo Sci, there are very few people here that haven't had similar experiences to yours, however, at this point, I would ask you to simply live and let live. If PR isn't for you, welcome to HR, and we hope you enjoy your experience here. But if your sole reason for joining is to bash another forum, this won't be a good fit either.

Folk

It's sad Health Rising is so empty lately. (Can't complain, I was one of the most active participants and I left when I got better, even though I came back to leave a testimonial)
We had a pretty active forum at the beggining here.

Glad Cort still doing an amazing job at the front page.

madie

I've just come back after a long hiatus, where I was active on FB instead. I'm deleting FB, so...I'm baaack! I also was very active on PR right up until Cort came here, and PR changed.

Remy

Administrator
I've just come back after a long hiatus, where I was active on FB instead. I'm deleting FB, so...I'm baaack! I also was very active on PR right up until Cort came here, and PR changed.
Welcome back!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources