On this Covid testing and testing and and

jaminhealth

it never seems to end with the PUSH to keep testing.....and all this does is keep people in Constant Fear...this is how I see it and I've never gone for a test and I'm 82....keep my Immune System Healthy and Strong for starters....thru these 7-8 months I've had NO cold or flu symptoms so why test????

It's important no matter what people have CFS/FM, keeping Immune System strong is KEY....

I'm not a big tester of anything the medical world suggests anyway, as they will FIND something wrong if you test test test.....one has to keep themselves healthy and I've learned after enough years to do that and stay away from doc's offices...unless a yearly checkin which I do or something critical...

Others feel as I do but the majority of the U.S. anyway seems to be in constant fear. Today more than ever there is so much we can do to Heal Thyself...or at least manage our issues....

On another health forum where I'm a member this subject is being discussed and one member said it beautifully and sensible as I see it...

Here is what he has said today:

((Yep, no reason to be tested if you don't have symptoms.

Even "old" people are surviving at a rate approximately equal to their "regular" survival rate at that age, so in the short term - don't panic - they most likely would be fine, in any case.

The only thing a test - with no symptoms - will buy you is self-isolation until you get the results - a week later.

Meantime - if the elderly folks do not have symptoms - again, no need to test. If the test is positive, and they have no symptoms - they will not be admitted or treated or anything else. On the other hand, if they show symptoms, with or without a test, considering their age - they should consult with their doctor.

Bottom line - it's about as catchy as the common cold. It's entirely possible to be near a sick person and NOT catch it yourself. )))

Last edited:

JameDiagonal

I've been out and about following the recommended health protocols. I am even thinking I might have already catch it but I just make sure I keep my immune system up.

jaminhealth

I've been out and about following the recommended health protocols. I am even thinking I might have already catch it but I just make sure I keep my immune system up.

If if you are feeling under the weather, stay home and rest and do what we've done forever with colds and flu.....I always have a supply of Oscillo for the regular flu season anyway and if I feel anything off, I get with the Oscillo.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources