One Person Recovers After Twenty Years and Tells How

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
This person got well using different supplements. He now sells them. I think they look pretty good.

His Diagnosis - high EBV titers and low energy production

From the Blog -http://www.targetednutrients.com/2016/04/11/an-open-letter-to-victims-of-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

So Dr. MacCoy’s primary method of treatment was to gradually raise the body’s cellular energy production back to more youthful levels. The idea is to give the body the added cellular energy it needs to restore peak immune system function.

His method of raising the body’s cellular energy production was to use intramuscular injections of a natural compound called adenosine monophosphate, or AMP for short.

In the body, AMP converts to ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which is the molecule made by the cells to create energy throughout the body. It’s like fuel to a car engine.

Dr. MacCoy taught me how to give myself the deep muscle injections of AMP once daily in the upper quadrant of the buttocks.

After a week of daily injections, I got to taper off to three injections per week, and then toone per week, and then to “whenever needed,” which after a short while, was about twice a month.

When I started taking these AMP injections, I experienced immediate beneficial effects. Even after the very first injection I could feel the cloud lifting from my mind, the depression vanishing, and energy returning to my body.

Within the first month of taking the shots I was back to working 8-hour days with only minor struggles with fatigue, whereas before starting the AMP injections, even working a two or three hour day at home was a real chore, if I was able to work at all.

Protocol
  • Deep injections of AMP
  • Replaced by D-Ribose (he sells it :))
  • Pregnenolone, the “Happiness Hormone” - I know someone who got a great reaction from this
  • Colloidal Silver to the Rescue! - I used to take this, really liked it, should try it again
  • Beta-1,3/1,6 Glucan – the World’s Most Powerful Immune Booster!
  • Vinpocetine: The World’s Most Powerful Natural Brain Energy Booster - heard good things about thi
Enter the Amazing Energy Booster, D-Ribose

About six months later I learned about a unique nutritional supplement known as D-Ribose, which had recently been introduced to the sports nutrition community.

Weight lifters and athletes of all sorts were taking this new supplement, because it naturally fuels the body’s production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which as I mentioned above, is the molecule the body produces in the cells that provides energy.

My “Quick Energy” Cocktail

If you’re feeling fatigued and want to test my findings, try taking the following natural “cocktail” of immune-boosting and energy-restoring substances:

D-Ribose (1500 mg.)​
Beta-1,3-1,6-glucan (3mg.)​
B-12 Methylcobalamin (1,000 micrograms)​
Alternately, try a 10 mg. capsule of Pregnenolone, along with a 10 mg. capsule of Vinpocetine.​
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the new found energy, mental clarity and bona-fide feeling of well-being you’ll experience!

And please understand, I’m not prescribing. I’m just mentioning what has helped me so tremendously over the years since I first came to discover the fact that natural healing all too often beats the traditional medical paradigm hands-down.

Edie

Cort, This article may be extremely important for every one who has ME/CFS & FM. I'm hoping you will E-mail it to all members. I think it's very credible!

I've had experience with some of the natural health products mentioned and intend to try the whole combination. I will also order the book "SOLVED: THE

RIDDLE OF ILLNESS" BOOK. There is a lot more info on the original article, so I would encourage everyone to click on the link Cort has provided.

San Diego

Never heard of them before.
Well, If WikiCort doesn’t know, it’s no wonder I haven’t a clue!

It’s not something to take lightly for those of us with cardio/dysatuonomia troubles. Not one I would try at home - but I’ll be asking my doctor about it.

Remy

Administrator
Well, If WikiCort doesn’t know, it’s no wonder I haven’t a clue!

It’s not something to take lightly for those of us with cardio/dysatuonomia troubles. Not one I would try at home - but I’ll be asking my doctor about it.
Here's an article I found on AMP injections a few years ago.

Also, you can google Dr Harvey Sklar. Here's a pdf on AMP and MECFS.

Adenosine Monophosphate (AMP)
What Is It?
Every minute of every day, as part of normal metabolic processes, your body produces a substance called adenosine monophosphate (AMP). Think of it as a byproduct of your body’s effort to create energy from the foods you eat.

Interestingly, AMP may help to limit the acute nerve-related pain (known as post-herpetic neuralgia, or PHN) that sometimes follows a bout of shingles, a skin rash caused by the herpes zoster virus. The premise here is that people with persistent shingles-related pain may have low concentrations of AMP in their systems, and that boosting these AMP levels through intramuscular injections can promote faster clearance of the shingles virus–and faster relief from PHN pain.

Many nutritionally oriented doctors consider AMP injections a worthwhile strategy to speed healing and to treat post-herpetic neuralgia, especially in cases of unremitting pain. A special gel form of AMP is produced for the doctor-administered shots.

In a notable double-blind study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) several years ago, investigators reported that three AMP injections a week given over the course of a month relieved PHN pain more quickly than a placebo (dummy) injection. The AMP appeared to help the lesions to heal and to prevent further flare-ups.
However, it’s not clear that AMP supplements taken orally will have any effect on shingles pain. The supplement has also been tested for treating photosensitivity (extreme sensitivity to light), but more research is needed before any recommendations can be made.

AMP is sold in an injectable form at a concentration of 25 mg/ml. The physician draws up two syringes, each containing 2 mg of the solution, and injects the contents into the muscles of each upper arm–not into the area of the shingles lesions. The doctor administers these injections every other day for a total of 10 treatments.

AMP can also be administered intravenously by a doctor; in this case, it is mixed with 150 ml of saline and slowly allowed to drip into your system.

General Interaction
There are no known drug or nutrient interactions associated with AMP when given in the gel-formulated injection form. Research in this area is limited, however.

Cautions

Only doctors familiar with the use of AMP should give you these injections.

With intramuscular injections of AMP, some people develop chest pain (but not cardiac-related pain) due to the tightening of the muscles of the chest wall. This reaction can usually be prevented by spacing the two injections 30 minutes apart.

When intravenous solutions are given too rapidly, there is a risk for shortness of breath and dangerous heartbeat irregularities. If these occur, the administration should be stopped and restarted at a slower rate.

For product recommendations and orders click here for the Natural Apothecary or call 773-296-6700, ext. 2001.

sharon

I think this is quite interesting, however, I have tried hormones, beta glucans, meythl B12, and D-Ribose to no effect what so ever. I have not tried adenosine Intramuscular injections...however I was on the Klenner Protocol for MS[thought it might help] with daily injections of liver extract, b12. for 2 years without any effect.I am glad he has improved...and wish everyone the best of luck.; I am however sceptical ...true ME, I do not think is cured with supplements;[ and I have tried many and still am on a lot] they can offer improvement perhaps....just my thoughts...

San Diego

I think this is quite interesting, however, I have tried hormones, beta glucans, meythl B12, and D-Ribose to no effect what so ever. I have not tried adenosine Intramuscular injections...however I was on the Klenner Protocol for MS[thought it might help] with daily injections of liver extract, b12. for 2 years without any effect.I am glad he has improved...and wish everyone the best of luck.; I am however sceptical ...true ME, I do not think is cured with supplements;[ and I have tried many and still am on a lot] they can offer improvement perhaps....just my thoughts...
I’m with you, Sharon. I’ve wasted too much money.....

Remy

Administrator
true ME, I do not think is cured with supplements
I agree with this...but I think symptoms can be managed with supplements and the strategic use of medicines. And that's worth a lot too. Something approximating a "normal" life is my goal, still. Cure? Probably not.

Remy

Administrator
It’s curious that we no longer hear about this. It surely seems worth a try, especially for those of us with documented mito dysfunction. Have you tried it?
I have not.

I got stuck because I already have high adenosine levels on the methylation panel that RichvanK recommended. So I was unclear if adding more adenosine would make things worse. Adenosine by itself is the hibernation molecule. And caffeine, which displaces adenosine, makes me feel much better.

Then add in the fact that adenosine is a vasodilator too...well, I typically don't do well on those either because of OI.

So that was two strikes against it and there are a million other things I want to try that seem to be a better fit for me.

But it is definitely interesting!

sharon

I agree with this...but I think symptoms can be managed with supplements and the strategic use of medicines. And that's worth a lot too. Something approximating a "normal" life is my goal, still. Cure? Probably not.
I do take a lot of supplements as well, and will try new ones; I try these new ones for 3 months, and if they do nothing, I stop them. I do have a regime of supplements that I do take, not for a cure, but for maintenance. I do have moderately severe ME, and have improved over time, supplements ,and many different therapies have helped...however, I know what has helped the most, is proper pacing and rest..I will recommend the pacing protocol of Dr. Alison Bested[ from Toronto]..from her book"Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia"..I do not like the title..lol..but it was written in 2006...the best pacing protocol I have seen...she explains in length ,why..and the amount of energy the brain uses when engaged....difficult to do...yes...necessary...yes..always successful in doing...no..lol...best wishes to everyone...

sharon

I’m with you, Sharon. I’ve wasted too much money.....
Yes, I too ,in the early years, have spent thousands of dollars on treatment...all with very little effect..I do hope we find treatment at some point, treatment that works...until then I will continue with some key supplements..and pacing as best as I can...best wishes to you...looking forward to the new research..i know it will take a while...but it does offer hope..and hope is also important, when dealing with an illness such as this...

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort, This article may be extremely important for every one who has ME/CFS & FM. I'm hoping you will E-mail it to all members. I think it's very credible!

I've had experience with some of the natural health products mentioned and intend to try the whole combination. I will also order the book "SOLVED: THE

RIDDLE OF ILLNESS" BOOK. There is a lot more info on the original article, so I would encourage everyone to click on the link Cort has provided.
Looking forward to hearing how it goes..I too liked colloidal silver...

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources