Ouabain/Strophanthin.

Remy

Administrator
Anybody ever heard of this medicine? It's available in Germany and is another one that sounds tailor made for our population.

Basically it protects the heart and rebalances the autonomic nervous system, turning down the sympathetic response in favor of the parasympathetic. It's used also for hypotension.

It works via the Na/Ca pump...getting the excess intracellular calcium out of the cell.

http://www.faim.org/ouabain-natures-perfect-but-forgotten-remedy-for-heart-disease
Since many years, it is known that there are several factors involved in heart attacks that are still widely neglected by established heart medicine. The 'new' theory of heart attacks does credit the obstruction of the coronary arteries as the leading problem. Research shows that an imbalance of the autonomic nervous system and a rapidly deteriorating metabolism of the heart muscle, with a severe build-up of lactic acid, are major contributors to heart attacks and angina.

This is the reason why Ouabain is nature's perfect gift for heart patients. Within minutes, it balances the nervous system, turns toxic metabolic waste products, the lactic acid, into food for the heart muscle. It triggers endogenous effects that protect the heart and other organs, from oxygen deficiency.

Remy

Administrator
Clin Cardiol. 1994 Oct;17(10):536-41.
Long-term use of K-strophanthin in advanced congestive heart failure due to dilated cardiomyopathy: a double-blind crossover evaluation versus digoxin.
Agostoni PG1, Doria E, Berti M, Guazzi MD

Abstract

K-strophanthin or digoxin were added to diuretics (all cases) and vasodilators (most cases) for treating advanced congestive heart failure in 22 patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and sinus rhythm. K-strophanthin (0.125 mg intravenously) or digoxin (0.25 mg orally) were administered daily in two 3-month periods, during which vasodilators and diuretics were kept constant and patients received one of the two digitalis preparations in a double-blind fashion, crossing over to the alternative preparation in the next period. Blindness was assured throughout the trial with a daily intravenous injection of 10 ml normal saline solution either containing K-strophanthin or not, and with daily oral administration of either placebo or active digoxin.

At the end of the run-in period, 15 days after starting active preparations, and thereafter every month for the next 6 months, we evaluated left ventricular pump function at rest and patients' functional performance by a cardiopulmonary exercise test.

At Day 15, cardiac index and ejection fraction at rest, compared with run-in, were significantly raised with both glycosides; during exercise while on K-strophanthin, peak oxygen consumption was augmented by 1.4 ml/min/kg (p < 0.01) and oxygen consumption at anaerobic threshold by 2.2 ml/min/kg (p < 0.01); corresponding variations on digoxin (-0.1 and +0.3, respectively) were not significant versus run-in. These patterns were duplicated at repeated tests during follow-up.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)
PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Free full text

Who Me?

It said you could maybe get it from compounding pharmacies in the US though I have no idea how it's dosed. I could call and ask. They are pretty accustomed to me calling and asking about obscure compounds at this point.

There's also an email address for Brazil I think.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources