Past Life

Minnesota

Just wondering how others out there contend with going back in time before CFS hit us. I am 10 months in with my deal brought about by some heavy antibiotics given to me after a surgery. Having been very active prior to this, it really hurts to see others out doing the things I used to do routinely. Acceptance is needed, but whenever I see someone out for a hard run, or really bearing down on a bike ride it saddens me. Actually makes me angry to think that I tried so hard to be health all my life (diet, exercise) and here I am dealing with 24/7 fatigue and brain fog. Trying various supplements and such, but I really can't say I am much better after 10 months of onset. Mentally this is more of a challenge than I thought. Any advice would be welcomed.

jaminhealth

I don't have the CFS, but other issues and told I have FM. Wonder about that. You sound young and I was later 50's when more hit me after menopause. I was given heavy abx drugs for a knee staph infection in 2017 and the infection was terrible, I didn't walk for almost 3 months...and now from that mess I'm using a walker but I'm 82 also, so have a lot of fond memories....

We make choices and have to live with outcomes, sad but true. I thought CFS was mostly a virus issue, like from EBV, Mono etc.

Grape Seed Extract keeps FOG out of me, been taking it almost 25 yrs. And other immune system builders.

Minnesota

Thanks for the reply. I am 57 years old, but this ordeal has meant me cutting back to work PT versus FT, and also not doing many things I enjoyed due to their physical nature. I have been told that the antibiotics I took (ciproflaxin and flagyl) can cause nervous system damage, thus impacting the mitochondria. Makes sense to some degree given the energy production area of my body seems have been so affected. Here in MN we have short summers, so it is hard not to get out an enjoy things the same. But times change I guess.

jaminhealth

Things can always be worse. And I'll never know how you feel and you never about how I feel...things hit us at different times and some do escape a lot...that's life. I've posted about HGH here and I don't know if you read the thread or not and since I use it now about 17 months I sleep a good restorative 8-10 hrs. I'm trying to get a member here to work with it but so far I don't think so.

Dr. Hortlorf here in CA uses an HGH and I'd think it's probably injections and what I use is a homeopathic gel. It's been pretty lifechanging, I have NOT been able to throw my walker away but other things are improved. There is a thread here on Hortlorf and HGH.

Oh the class of cipro are so damaging, hard to believe pharma is allowed to sell this black box type abx drug. My daughter has major ruptures of her feet from these class of abx.

Hang on and in.

Abrin

Just wondering how others out there contend with going back in time before CFS hit us. I am 10 months in with my deal brought about by some heavy antibiotics given to me after a surgery. Having been very active prior to this, it really hurts to see others out doing the things I used to do routinely. Acceptance is needed, but whenever I see someone out for a hard run, or really bearing down on a bike ride it saddens me. Actually makes me angry to think that I tried so hard to be health all my life (diet, exercise) and here I am dealing with 24/7 fatigue and brain fog. Trying various supplements and such, but I really can't say I am much better after 10 months of onset. Mentally this is more of a challenge than I thought. Any advice would be welcomed.

I highly recommend the audiobook 'How to Be Sick: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers' by Toni Bernhard

jaminhealth

One has to keep trying new things ALL THE TIME, and perhaps this CFS stuff is with those for this part of their lives. STUFF happens.

Do you take Iodine as I know I do and others with CFS do, and it' has so many benefits and does attack viruses. https://groups.io/g/drloyd/message/13545

Iodine has so many benefits and also keeping cancers from our bodies, breasts to name one area.

I gave you ideas and mentioned the brain fog issue that I don't have...Grape Seed Extract. Try new things 1-2 at a time and give them time. Changes can be subtle and they can be dramatic.
You took those damaging abx drugs as you did not know and as I said MD's need to be hung up for handing them out...they do so much damage.

Lots can't be undone, like a botched hip surgery I live with now for 10 yrs soon......One has to change their mindsets ...and yes it can be a LOT worse. Do a gratitude list of all the good things in your life, and yes I get it living with CFS is not good but it's here for you, same with the hip mess I live with. I never thought I'd be using a walker after this big surgery....but the walker is my 3rd and 4th legs.

Last edited:

Minnesota

I think we can lose focus on the good things we have around us despite the situation we are in. My therapist said that it is something you don't get over, but you get through (the not being able to do what I was considering normal before this hit me). I do hold out hope for some improvement some way some how of course. And yes, the more I hear about others who have been affected by these medications the more angry I am at how they are given out so freely. Many lives out there have been changed.

jaminhealth

Question all drugs and doctors for that matter...and any drug handed for you to take, look up side effect possibilities.....For me, the turningpoint in drugs, was in the 80's when a pharma drug put me in the ER with a stomach ulcer, that incident changed me from then on.

On the anger issue, it's a necessary and good outlet, but don't let it eat you up....Hearing a therapist on the radio just recently, she said don't deny anger.

Apo Sci

We all have to deal with reduced physical activity due to natural aging eventually. ME just brings it on faster. I think that Buddhist book on How to be Chronically Ill is a good idea. Realize that there is no way to be young and healthy forever then learn to appreciate (focus) on the positive aspects of life and work towards living in a way that you respect.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources