Patanase and T Cell Activation Syndrome.

Remy

Administrator
I read this on Alison Vickery (The Low Histamine Coach)'s Facebook page the other day...basically the research is showing that T cell activation can be responsible for symptoms and the nasal spray antihistamine, Patanase, is the treatment.

Has anyone used Patanase and noticed a change in symptoms?

It's horrible allergy season in my neck of the woods and I love it when simple, cheap meds may work in unexpectedly beneficial ways.

Essentially they are showing that it is not the mast-cell but the threat system (immune cells one step removed from the mast-cell which has become dysregulated through a toxic shock) which is causing chronic fatigue.

T cells or T lymphocytes are a type of lymphocyte (a subtype of white blood cell) that play a central role in cell-mediated immunity. They can be distinguished from other lymphocytes, such as B cells and natural killer cells, by the presence of a T-cell receptor on the cell surface.

Professor Pete Smith (QLD Allergy Clinic - who also screens for mast-cell activation but now distinguishes between the two) is an advisor to these trials and uses Pantenase (Antihistamine Olopatadine) to manage symptoms. This study confirms the use of this for T Cell activation.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/…/article/pii/S1567576916300996

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources