Peter Smith Balancing Brain Chemistry

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I haven't but I'm pretty sure that all of these play something of a role in ME/CFS/FM.

Dopamine deficiency can be involved in ADHD. GABA and serotonin can be involved in anxiety, OCD and addiction to tranquillisers like Valium.

Dopamine deficiency can be associated with fatigue and serotonin can affect immune functioning. Serotonin may be low in ME/CFS patients guts. These are clearly complex subjects.

He's an interesting blend isn't he?

Be Well
I primarily use nutritional medicine, cognitive hypnotherapy, NLP and Bicom therapy to treat mental, digestive and functional health problems like chronic fatigue and IBS.

I have extensive experience (both professional and personal) and several forthcoming books in nutritional approaches to balancing brain chemistry treating depression, bipolar syndrome and anxiety. You’ll be able to read the most of the contents of these books for free on my balancing brain chemistry site.

In 2013 I published my first book Sleep Better with Natural Therapies

I practice at the Hale Clinic (central London) as a holistic medical practitioner and have been in practice since 1988.

Over the years I’ve trained in Nutritional /naturopathic medicine, Cognitive Hypnotherapy and NLP, body-centred psychotherapy, Chinese herbal medicine, Acupuncture, Bicom resonance therapy, meditation and Kundalini yoga.

Today combine the above techniques for a mind-body approach to health. I see clients for mental health problems (depression, bipolar syndrome, anxiety, drug addiction), digestive health (IBS, bloating, candida, constipation), chronic fatigue, imbalances in blood sugar, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, migraines.

Hi all
This is aimed at UK residents really.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anyone ever had any treatment from Peter Smith?
Balancing Brain Chemistry

Thanks

An interesting blend or a jack of all trades? That's what worries me. Also, I can't find any online reviews for his practice.

Complex is putting it mildly! I have recently read a lot on neurotransmitters. Initially I thought, right I'll try L-theanine, then 5-htp, then I'll try Rhodiola and should be able to work out whether the problem is with Dopamine, Serotonin, Gaba, etc etc. After further reading, it is obviously not as simple as that (and I now know I should in addition be taking a synergistic supplement anyway).

Chemical testing is not easy apparently, as the levels in urine or spine may not match those in the brain. hey ho.
Anyway, it looks like something one can't do on one's own, but in the UK there don't seem to be many practitioners for this treatment area.
Still... onwards!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources