Administrator

• First online:
    30 April 2016
    Received:
    24 March 2016
    Accepted:
    11 April 2016
    Abstract

Mast cell activation disease (MCAD) is a term referring to a heterogeneous group of disorders characterized by aberrant release of variable subsets of mast cell (MC) mediators together with accumulation of either morphologically altered and immunohistochemically identifiable mutated MCs due to MC proliferation (systemic mastocytosis [SM] and MC leukemia [MCL]) or morphologically ordinary MCs due to decreased apoptosis (MC activation syndrome [MCAS] and well-differentiated SM).

Clinical signs and symptoms in MCAD vary depending on disease subtype and result from excessive mediator release by MCs and, in aggressive forms, from organ failure related to MC infiltration.

In most cases, treatment of MCAD is directed primarily at controlling the symptoms associated with MC mediator release.

In advanced forms, such as aggressive SM and MCL, agents targeting MC proliferation such as kinase inhibitors may be provided.

Targeted therapies aimed at blocking mutant protein variants and/or downstream signaling pathways are currently being developed.

Other targets, such as specific surface antigens expressed on neoplastic MCs, might be considered for the development of future therapies.

Since clinicians are often underprepared to evaluate, diagnose, and effectively treat this clinically heterogeneous disease, we seek to familiarize clinicians with MCAD and review current and future treatment approaches.

Who Me?

I've recently started Rutin and Zyrtec and I do feel a bit better. Some of my fog is gone and I know the Rutin has helped me feel slightly better.

I have quercetin which I'll start in a week or so. Then I'll be cured!

Veet

When I decided that I have the symptoms of POTS-lite, and read that POTS can have autoimmune and mast cell links, I returned to using 2 mast cell stabilizers I'd used in the past. Royal jelly and mangosteen seem to have altered the flushing I attribute to POTS.

Who Me?

@Veet. I think mentioned those before. I'm having luck with rutin and have some quercetin to try. I'm also taking luteolin but I have noticed much from that.

I think I have pots too, different symptoms than classic pots. Pots lite as you say.

I think I'll add mangosteen to my list. I may or may not have bee allegies so I have to think about the Royal jelly

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources