PLC for PDH activation

Discussion in 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Research' started by eljefe19, Sep 23, 2017.

1. eljefe19

eljefe19 Active Member

Hey all,
    Found a supplement that may help with energy some. It's a form of carnitine called PLC for short. Here's some points on it.

• ▴ Propionyl-L-carnitine stimulates energy production in ischaemic muscles by increasing citric acid cycle flux and stimulating pyruvate dehydrogenase activity. The free radical scavenging activity of the drug may also be beneficial.

• ▴ Propionyl-L-carnitine improves coagulative fibrinolytic homeostasis in vasal endothelium and positively affects blood viscosity.

• ▴ Improvements in maximum walking distance (MWD) correlated positively with increased mitochondrial oxidative adenosine triphosphate (ATP) synthesis in a study in patients with peripheral arterial disease.

Remy likes this.
  2. weyland

weyland Well-Known Member

Any brand you recommend?

3. Remy

Remy Administrator

I take the Jarrow brand. It's chelated with glycine which is also antiinflammatory.

That said, I've never noticed any real difference between carnitine forms. I just keep taking them anyway. :)

weyland likes this.