Please put Paragraphs in Posts for us with neuro issues

Who Me?

Please please I beg of you :hungover:, put paragraphs breaks in your posts. I can't read a lot of what people type when there is one huge chunk of text. My eyes glaze over and either everything in my brain fires or it shuts down. And that's on a good day. I know I am not the only one here with neuro/cog issues.

If you see how I type when I post, no more than 3 sentences without a break. Please have pity!:bawling:

This is what it looks like to me if you don't.

ajdfjadfj;adlkfjlakdfjadlkfjadkfjadl;fkjald;fjadl;fjad;lfjad;lfkjdlkfladfjad;fjadfl;jd;fjadfdafdaljf;adfjad;jaddakfaldfdal;fjal;dkfjadlfaldkjfla;dkjflda;kfja;ldfjdalkl;adfjdl;afjald;fjdlajdlafjd;ajfa;ldkfjad;lkfjdal;kfadkkdhpeare;lkdnvkvapdfaeorueoiradkn;lkfldadlfj[eoafadlval;kl;akdjg;ladkgld;ka;dlugoae'rajlkf;ldkjlkdlabihgeiae;laknl;xkchoiuoiruewiorjae;ojadk;lvn;dakghdo;iuge;ahsdkakbhioeoakdcnkhpaeiur[oqwehgkgd;xih[aoseihr;owkng;akgh;dlhgaoeh[aoehgaoeihgaodkv;xlcuoedienasdoihdonr;iha;sovnd;ion;lekruaodg;adlfad;lkruoiancaodigueoihqwoirewkrnwoihavdoinvpoeiraosdnv;vhoaidruoerhfavkdniduorteuosuerwporuwoptoaeikgdv;lkxcnaoiuforueilrjaosidnv;lkndlkgfa;dfkja;lsfaposfuz;ovkcnporuqw[ona;dskncaposrueowdna;vdlkj a;dfja ;erue;aj radnv;dlvna;kf;aldfl;adalgjdorue[oan;lvkn;dalbkn;ldkgdgkdgna;lkn;eorjae[oidvn;dlkfna;lskfna;dlkfja;slkfeoivnepicd a;dvio agoinadpgn

Empty

I second that. Good illustrative example. This is in deed what it looks like. Even though I am much improved in many areas, I still struggle with this.

I wonder if there could be a way to highlight a post and click one of those buttons on the top there to put in double line spacing? That way we could change it ourselves. Or maybe there could be an overall forum layout setting?

Who Me?

To me it's just common rules for writing. You put paragraphs.

Double space doesn't work for me either though, too much white. I need 2 or 3 sentences then hit return. See how I post? That's what I need.

It doesn't even have to make sense where the break is. I just need a break.

Empty

HYou read my mind re: double space. I was thinking that as I was suggesting it!

I wonder if @Stavya has a tech. Solution? So that you could control the layout because I know how much people need it.

bobby

Yes!!! no paragraphs = scrolling over the entire post without reading. If I really NEED to read it, I have to copy/paste it into a Word doc and break it up into pieces.

Oh, btw sometimes I use this voice to text addon in my browser. That helps sometimes when my brain fails to process text.

Something else that I find very difficult is big chunks of underlined text, or bolding, different colors, too much going on.

Who Me?

Something else that I find very difficult is big chunks of underlined text, or bolding, different colors, too much going on.

Yes yes yes.! Someone here used to use a big font in purple! I asked to please change it and they just said it was pretty and did nothing.

People without these neuro issues don't understand how much of a problem it is for us.

And all caps! No!

Who Me?

And Multiquote! OMG they're horrible. Part of the problem is because with oriole the quote boxes are black and too much contrast

@Stavya can you make the background less black? It's killing me.

IrisRV

Let me see if I've got it all --
  1. Breaks every 2-3 sentences
  2. No large fonts
  3. Minimal colored text
  4. Minimal underlining
  5. Minimal bolding
  6. No multiquotes
  7. Short
Anything else while I'm making a list for myself?

PS: I apologize for large blocks of strikeout text today. It was necessary to straighten out some things. The good news is you don't have to try and read it, at least. I won't be doing it in the future. Hopefully I won't have the need. :)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources