Powerful Lessons From A Caregiver of Someone with ME/CFS, FM and Depression

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
[fright]
Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-10.29.16-AM-300x207.png

[/fright]

A man talks about some hard won lessons learned watching his young wife getting ravaged by ME/CFS, FM and mood disorders..This is not some new-agey stuff. These are clearly hard won insights and they hit home.
The first lesson is a tough one and one that can help patients as well. He's "Learned How to Accept Feeling Completely and Totally Helpless." He recognized that his “solutions” were no match for fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and mental illness.

My partner has depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue, among other diagnoses we’ve received over the years.
Watching my partner try to navigate a failing health care system, much less get out of bed every day, has been a sobering experience to say the least.
Sometimes, strangely enough, being with my partner reminds me of something that happened to me as a teenager.

One day when I was sitting in my living room when I heard a quick snap!

It was an enormous painting that hung over our fireplace, falling off the wall. I remember watching it, seemingly in slow motion, as it came down from the wall, breaking everything on the mantle until it eventually crashed onto the floor.
It happened so quickly that I couldn’t stop it, but so slowly that I could still experience the complete and total helplessness of watching everything come apart.

Check Out #5
"I Learned That Loving Your Partner as They Are in This Moment Is Crucial"

Powerful Stuff

Issie

Soooo true! When we can accept others (our mates) and whatever life hands them and still Love them - that's what true unconditional love is all about. But in order to do that you have to be all about them and not all about you. Then if they are the same way towards you - and it's all about you for them - you have a very endearing, forever type of love. It's very special!!!! This is true not just for your romantic partner but your friends too.

Issie

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Soooo true! When we can accept others (our mates) and whatever life hands them and still Love them - that's what true unconditional love is all about. But in order to do that you have to be all about them and not all about you. Then if they are the same way towards you - and it's all about you for them - you have a very endearing, forever type of love. It's very special!!!! This is true not just for your romantic partner but your friends too.

Issie
Thanks for the reminder :)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources