Powerful ME/CFS Story in the Washington Post

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Whoa. We are getting around. This woman - sick for 26 years - can really write!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...360011663b4_story.html?utm_term=.17e4a1720b3c

Still, I’m grateful. Among my peers, my difficulties are unusual, but adults know life is hard. Out of the 7.5 billion people alive today, I remain among the lucky. My namesake died under Nazi occupation and lies in an unmarked grave. I have perspective.

And yet.

This perspective won’t allow me to drive or climb stairs again. It won’t keep me from falling while making a sandwich or getting dizzy in the shower.

GG

From the link, no problem with me accessing it. perhaps your browser settings?

"Remember the last time your WiFi went out? How you felt alone in an empty world?

You tried to restart it yourself, to no avail. Then you called tech support, which was as helpful as pouring glue down a clogged drain.

You were baffled that no one had answers and, odds are good, your language wasn’t suitable for kids for the next 90 minutes.

Exasperating, right? Something important you’d taken for granted went awry through no fault of your own, and your day was totally upended.

Now imagine that your health is your WiFi, that disability or chronic illness is the outage, that tech support are folks who truly mean well but don’t know what to do, and that your upended day is each moment of the rest of your life."

cont'd

GG

rebar

She really is a good writer, thank you Cort. The increase in coverage is soooooo welcome.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources