Pregnenolone sulfate to help with symptoms?

Chfrazzle

I was reading about how Pregnenolone sulfate, which is an over the counter supplement, was being used in a ME/CFS study and it's reaction upon or in conjunction with Natural Killer cells. To be honest the study was far beyond my comprehension and the researchers did more than administer the Pregnenolone sulfate by itself. But the article made me curious if anyone has tried Pregnenolone Sulfate for their fatigue?

According to verywellmind.com:
"Pregnenolone is a steroid hormone that plays a key role in the production of other steroid hormones, including progesterone, DHEA, and estrogen. The substance is found naturally in the body, but some people also take it in supplement form to help
keep memory sharp through the years."

jaminhealth

Many years ago when I started with an Integrative MD the first test he did was to test DHEA levels, I was about 60 at the time....they were LOW and this is true as we age, we decline/deplete DHEA. So I've been taking DHEA for over 20 yrs and it's changed my life and kept me VITAL and too too bad every doc doesn't go there with their patients... Pregnenolone is a precursor to DHEA...so I'm guessing you are low in DHEA so why not start taking say 10mg day, it's OTC and go from there...eventually get your DHEA level tested.

Allopathic MD's really short change Everyone in getting to the root of issues.

I knew I posted about DHEA, it's a favorite topic of mine...it's another supplement that has been life changing.

Last edited:

Chfrazzle

I agree, we have been short changed and forced to be our own advocate. Hard to do when you feel like #$@! Thank goodness for groups like this. I see my primary dr in a few months. It would probably be a good idea to get tested. What changed for you when you added the DHEA? Did you have any side effects from taking it? I am prone to anxiety so don't like to rock the boat too much once I get it under control.

jaminhealth

Read the benefits of getting DHEA levels optimal. I am plain and simple, more vital as I am aging. Work on your anxiety issues, do some talk therapy if need be, and look at Inositol which is of the B family of vitamins. Work on changing your mind, it can change your life.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources