Progression?? Anyone else

Kristine

Hi to those who read this post. I am new here but familiar with forums. I'm glad I joined this group as there is so much info. I have endured Severe Fibromyalgia and Severe Chronic Fatigue for 15 yrs. And as the years have passed, each year my doctor notices negative changes, such more time in bed with less independence, such as I try to drive but get tired so fast, have to have others drive my car or pick me up. Had to give up walking, became too tired. I hate these losses and if anyone, anyone knows how to reduce it or stop it in its tracks I'd really like to talk to you. I just want my freedom again, not to be stuck in a bed or stuck in it cause I went out the day before and the consequence is pain.
Thanks
Kristine

Remy

Administrator
Hi to those who read this post. I am new here but familiar with forums. I'm glad I joined this group as there is so much info. I have endured Severe Fibromyalgia and Severe Chronic Fatigue for 15 yrs. And as the years have passed, each year my doctor notices negative changes, such more time in bed with less independence, such as I try to drive but get tired so fast, have to have others drive my car or pick me up. Had to give up walking, became too tired. I hate these losses and if anyone, anyone knows how to reduce it or stop it in its tracks I'd really like to talk to you. I just want my freedom again, not to be stuck in a bed or stuck in it cause I went out the day before and the consequence is pain.
Thanks
Kristine
Welcome to the forums!
It sounds like you need a new doctor...one who does more than just note decline! There are too many treatments to list without knowing your history, but people can and do improve every day. Don't give up hope!

Kristine

Welcome to the forums!
It sounds like you need a new doctor...one who does more than just note decline! There are too many treatments to list without knowing your history, but people can and do improve every day. Don't give up hope!
My doc is just an internist who understands the hardships of CFS and fibromyalgia. I was told by doctor in our medical teaching hospital that, originally we had a research clinic here for CFS in the 70s but he left University and he went out west to work with other researchers. Ive had PT, 2 radiofrequency ablations, Acupuncture, chiropractor, trigger shots, was told by second rheumatologist that I had osteoarthritis and there is nothing to be done about it. Could do more PT but am not sure about what they will do as ive explained gentle and get no pain no gain. :34728, member: 5031"] Am on Cymbalta, neurontin, muscle relaxer, klonopin for sleep with trazodone for sleep. Lyrica didn't work but for a week, even after being increased. So on hydrocodone for osteoarthritis, back pain severe knee pain. Developed Hashimotos a couple years ago and went downhill from that. Now have a sudden hair loss autoimmune disease no one in family had, but also share a new skin allergy my dad had where I suddenly cant wear fragrances and am allergic to adhesives, he didn't have that part. Now I know why original doc wrote down depression as I said why'd you write that , I'm not depressed, your in chronic pain, you will be. Well when you put it that way, sure.
Kristine

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources