Rapamycin and Keto Diet

NZ Ann

Annie
1m

Hi
I recently started taking Rapamycin as it is now one of the drugs about to be researched by Simmaron Research as treatment for M.E. There has been quite a lot of anecdotal evidence that it is helping to reduce fatigue in people with M.E.
I have found that the maximum I can take is 2mgs once a week which has boosted my energy levels by about 30% and I generally feel less unwell. The ‘normal’ dose for M.E is thought To be 4 to 6mgs once a week.
But if I go above 2mgs the reverse happens.
anybody got any thoughts on whether my clean keto diet might be having a dramatic effect on the way my body is using Rapamycin.

AEW

I think a clean keto diet is generally a great way to eat if you have ME/CFS and/ or FMS.
My own theory is that antibiotic usage and altering of the gut biome is a huge contributing factor to these illnesses. This is due to my history of developing FMS after back to back Augmentin treatments, and developing ME/ CFS while in Africa, after a year of Doxyclycline profylaxis for malaria, followed by antibiotic treatments for multiple parasite infections. I have recently been diagnosed with SIBO and treated with Rifaxamin and neomycin, to target the bacterial overgrowth. This has helped my chronic gas and constipation but also increased my fatigue levels considerably.
Perhaps rapamycin works in the same way, targeting whatever is colonizing your gut. That would of course mean that it would help you if you had the correct gut bacteria for it to target, but if you had different bacterial colonies, it wouldn’t help.
Is anyone listening out there? A lot more research meeds to be done on this.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources