Research Director for Solve ME/CFS Speaks Out - "He thought it was a typo"

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
$5 Million dollars a year for ME/CFS? He thought it must have been a typo - that must be $5 billion a year - right? Nope...

Zaher Nahle at the Solve ME/CFS Initiative has penned a very effective first blog "I thought it was a typo"....

During the course of interviewing for this position, I was reviewing the amount of government spending on ME/CFS. I came across a figure of $5.4 million in one article. I assumed the number must have been a typo. I thought, not only as a rational reader, but also as a scientist who directed a research laboratory and balanced budgets, that it must be $5 billion, with a “b,” not million with an “m.”
Could it be true? Could the mighty U.S. government commit only $5 million for this devastating, woefully understudied disease with no cure, diagnostics or defined pathology? To put things in perspective, $5 million can barely furnish a modest core facility in one science department and is the individual yearly budget of hundreds of medium-size labs investigating other diseases.

He's off to a great start! Read the entire blog here: http://solvecfs.org/i-thought-it-was-a-typo

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources