Savella (milnacipran)

Nancy olson

I got soooo sick from savella. I could not walk spent all day in bed, felt like i had the flu.It has a bunch of inactive ingredents and "talc" in it. I had to stop taking it after 6days and took a month to get back to my baseline. I reported my reaction to the FDA.
I have MCS/EI and cant call 911 any more after the medic had scent on and ihad horrible reaction to it. I asked my city to go fragfree in a resonable accomdation formal letter. And surprise they say its to hard to do. I gave them a copy of the CDC fragfree policy, didnt impresss them. Is your town fragfree? Please consider asking them too. The more people request it maybe just maybe eventually they will.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I got soooo sick from savella. I could not walk spent all day in bed, felt like i had the flu.It has a bunch of inactive ingredents and "talc" in it. I had to stop taking it after 6days and took a month to get back to my baseline. I reported my reaction to the FDA.
I have MCS/EI and cant call 911 any more after the medic had scent on and ihad horrible reaction to it. I asked my city to go fragfree in a resonable accomdation formal letter. And surprise they say its to hard to do. I gave them a copy of the CDC fragfree policy, didnt impresss them. Is your town fragfree? Please consider asking them too. The more people request it maybe just maybe eventually they will.
Sorry it didn't work out - thanks for posting your review though

Paw

Unfortunately Savella -- one of the few norepinephrine drugs to bypass the dopamine stage -- is not yet available in generic in the US. Nor is Strattera, which solely agonizes norepinephrine (as opposed to Wellburtin, which works on norepinephrine and dopamine).

Odd, because there are various conditions, from autism to schizophrenia, that stem from problems converting dopamine to norepinephrine. Would be handy to try something that isolates norepinephrine's effect to see if I'm getting "constipated" with dopamine.

(Dopamine in any form -- Mucuna, Ritalin, Nuvigil, NALT, phenylalinine, etc -- usually produces a paradoxical reaction in me -- narcoleptic, sick, with heightened neuropathies. Restless leg syndrone is generally treated with dopamine-receptor agonists, but they make my RLS considerably worse.)

I like the idea of Savella's balanced approached, but it's tier four.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Unfortunately Savella -- one of the few norepinephrine drugs to bypass the dopamine stage -- is not yet available in generic in the US. Nor is Strattera, which solely agonizes norepinephrine (as opposed to Wellburtin, which works on norepinephrine and dopamine).

Odd, because there are various conditions, from autism to schizophrenia, that stem from problems converting dopamine to norepinephrine. Would be handy to try something that isolates norepinephrine's effect to see if I'm getting "constipated" with dopamine.

(Dopamine in any form -- Mucuna, Ritalin, Nuvigil, NALT, phenylalinine, etc -- usually produces a paradoxical reaction in me -- narcoleptic, sick, with heightened neuropathies. Restless leg syndrone is generally treated with dopamine-receptor agonists, but they make my RLS considerably worse.)

I like the idea of Savella's balanced approached, but it's tier four.
Wow - It will apparently take until 2021 for a generic...

In the U.S., the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which President Obama signed on March 23, 2010, authorized the Food and Drug Administration to approve generic versions of biologic drugs and grant biologics manufacturers 12 years of exclusive use before generics can be developed. This biosimilar products are usually protected by surrounding patents which may also delay the time for their production.

Paw

I hadn't known that. I assume that's longer than before? Was this one of the side deals necessary to get the industry's support?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources