seeking treatment options in London and South of England

yosemite

19 August 2017

Dear Forum,

I am interested in new approaches which look at CFS/Fibromyalgia as purely physical illnesses. I have found some academic papers from abroad about research into dysfunctions of areas such as

⦁ Mitochondria/genes
⦁ Immunological/cytokines
⦁ Hormones
⦁ Musculoskeletal
⦁ Gut biome/SIBO
⦁ Energy/Metabolism
⦁ Cardiovascular

Although these are of interest to me, I have been unable to find any clinic/doctor in the south of England or London who is adopting any of these approaches, let alone a research clinic/trial.

May I thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide and any details of the types of physical treatment on offer.

Ja21ne

You might be interested in attending the CMRC conference in Bristol in early September and reading about the MEGA study which is not yet funded and contentious. Also look at the ME association website for biobank info.

yosemite

Dear ja21ne.

Thank you very much for this helpful information. I will look into this. I had not heard of it before.

Best wishes

Yosemite

Edie

19 August 2017

Dear Forum,

I am interested in new approaches which look at CFS/Fibromyalgia as purely physical illnesses. I have found some academic papers from abroad about research into dysfunctions of areas such as

⦁ Mitochondria/genes
⦁ Immunological/cytokines
⦁ Hormones
⦁ Musculoskeletal
⦁ Gut biome/SIBO
⦁ Energy/Metabolism
⦁ Cardiovascular

Although these are of interest to me, I have been unable to find any clinic/doctor in the south of England or London who is adopting any of these approaches, let alone a research clinic/trial.

May I thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide and any details of the types of physical treatment on offer.
Hi Yosemite! Welcome to the best website on ME/CFS/FM. I spent many years doing my own research, but It wasn't until I bought a computer and accidently found HR by following a link, that most of the answers I was looking for appeared. They are the first to inform us of the newest research findings and they share patient stories that hold gems of coping skills and information that are of great benefit to us. As to health professionals, I got most of my help from a Naturopath Doctor (physician). They are functional medicine Drs. that listen to all the problems that you are experiencing and go to the root to see if they can correct whatever they can. They can't cure ME/CFS/FM, but believe me, I was brought back from being in bed most of the time to having a pretty comfortable life. My MD. also helped with sleep, pain & anti-inflammatory medications. There are many MDs. that have crossed over to Functional , or who do both together and here in Canada, they are called Integrative Practitioner DRs. or Holistic DRs. They may go by different names in your country. May I suggest that you join a ME/CFS or FM (if that applies) Support Group, as someone might know of a good Dr. that might help you. Good Luck!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources