Resource icon

Resource Seven Foods That Can Add Probiotics To Your Diet

Linda B

Whilst probiotic foods are good.... The fermented vegetables like sauerkraut should be purchased in glass from refrigerated sections. A tin of sauerkraut ain't gonna cut it, not to mention possible contaminants from acidic foods in tin. The other is Kombucha....a great drink, I brew it myself BUT if you suspect you have candida you need to be careful with this as it is categorised as a 'wild' yeast and may contribute to worsening of candida symptoms. Nothing is ever as clear an simple as you would like ..is it! Good luck everyone.

TigerLilea

Kefir is another good probiotic, even better than yogurt, however, you have to make it yourself from live grains. The store bought kefir doesn't have the same yeasts and bacteria.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Thanks for mentioning that. I do soooo much better on home-made kefir than store bought - it's like a completely different substance.:wacky:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Whilst probiotic foods are good.... The fermented vegetables like sauerkraut should be purchased in glass from refrigerated sections. A tin of sauerkraut ain't gonna cut it, not to mention possible contaminants from acidic foods in tin. The other is Kombucha....a great drink, I brew it myself BUT if you suspect you have candida you need to be careful with this as it is categorised as a 'wild' yeast and may contribute to worsening of candida symptoms. Nothing is ever as clear an simple as you would like ..is it! Good luck everyone.
Thanks for the warning. I've been making my sauerkraut...Have you tried that?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources