Severe chills

Lewis

I get severe chills that are causing my insomnia. I wake up cold from the inside and cold skin to tough. I also get bradycardia but all ecg Hitler etc normal. Any idea? The severe lack of sleep is making me feel horrendous

Abrin

I get severe chills too! It is like the core of my body has gone cold it and it near impossible for me to heat it back up.

Getting an electric blanket really changed the quality of life for me. I keep it on my bed all year because it is so random when I will get severe chills. They will happen in both the summer and the winter.

Phil C

Hi Lewis,

I see that Abrin responded.

Also, I see you are new to Healthrising.org. Have you searched for just the term 'chills' from the home page? Some of the resulting comments seem relevant to your situation. You might ask follow-up questions in the threads from past months or years.

Personally, I get night sweats, but not chills, so I can't help you myself.

Merida

@Lewis
Do you think you could have a low thyroid? Bradycardia and cold skin are both important symptoms. Try the site : Stop the Thyroid Madness. I understand that the usual TSH screening test for thyroid is not adequate for diagnosis.

Lewis

I know this is old post but has anyone found the cause or cure to night chills. It's really affecting my sleep and making me much sicker

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources