Sinusitis

Empty

Nothing was shifting it, not diet changes. Long standing allergies were falling away, my health has been improving but still sinusitis.

Success clearing it with Cats Claw tea. 900mg a day (three cups). Going to try increasing this further. Gentle adaptogen.

Last edited:

Rob Rainford

Thanks Empty I'll give the tea a try for sure.

All my troubles started with chronic sinusitis. Two operations later and it's still there in a milder form along with the permanent tinnitus that gets worse the more exhausted I am. Have you considered surgery?

Empty

I wouldn't trust the NHS with surgery unless it was life or death and I had no choice. Certainly, I think they have no clue how to manage anaesthetic for those with ME, or aftercare treatment. I think the risk of relapse would be too high also.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Nothing was shifting it, not diet changes. Long standing allergies were falling away, my health has been improving but still sinusitis.

Success clearing it with Cats Claw tea. 900mg a day (three cups). Going to try increasing this further. Gentle adaptogen.
How did you think of Cats Claw tea?

Rob Rainford

I wouldn't trust the NHS with surgery unless it was life or death and I had no choice. Certainly, I think they have no clue how to manage anaesthetic for those with ME, or aftercare treatment. I think the risk of relapse would be too high also.

Let me know if it works for you.

A fair comment but I had no choice as a foul smelling gunge appeared from my nose. It smelt like a dead body to be exact.
Some research later suggested if left for a prolonged period the infection could attack the brain, that wasn't a risk I was willing to take.

Will let you know how the cat's claw goes. And thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

Empty

A fair comment but I had no choice as a foul smelling gunge appeared from my nose. It smelt like a dead body to be exact.
Some research later suggested if left for a prolonged period the infection could attack the brain, that wasn't a risk I was willing to take.

Will let you know how the cat's claw goes. And thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

That sounds like an emergecy. Glad the surgery helped you.
I have not had it anywhere near that severe.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources