Small Wins!

Remy

Administrator
I have a Zephyr HxM chest strap that I like and it was only around $40. I like that I can turn it off easily when I don't want to use it.

I was concerned about some of the stuff about the FitBit and safety that came out recently.

madie

I bought a book of stretches about 6 months ago and finally felt up to trying it a week ago. I can do it! I do a short section at a time, maybe 4 times a day, and it feels great.

Remy

Administrator
I have a big, deep tub. It's hard to get out of so usually I kneel and then stand up. But lately I've been pushing myself straight up to standing! Of course, lest I get too too cocky, I still have to sit down on my stool pretty much immediately. :)

Remy

Administrator
First pedicure since 2013...

image.jpeg

Susanne

Nice shade of green! This year I have been keeping a journal and I've got a section that I jot down any positive or special moments. When I'm having a down day and just in bed I read through my list and it really helps to cheer me up. I am certainly more grateful now for the smaller things in life. This afternoon I went to a cafe with a friend I hadn't seen for a while. It felt so good to be out of the house and enjoying her company!

Remy

Administrator
So my small win today was that I noticed that I wasn't gripping the handrail when walking down the stairs at the state park today. That's big because it meant I felt steady even when I was tired (because it's a lot of stairs!) and I always have 65 lbs of excited golden retriever leash in the other hand. Maybe I should rethink this one...:)

Hope

My small win today is that I thought I would be crashed from yesterday during which I drove myself a long way through traffic to a very sad funeral, then all the way back through worse traffic. But today I was able to go to an international sporting event to support my husband who was involved. I'd been hoping I'd be able to go but didn't think I could. I was totally fine! Ok ok my son had to drive me out and back today and I laid down in the back on the way there. But still, I walked around while there and thoroughly enjoyed the multicultural atmosphere and seeing my husband so happy to see me. And the venue was beautiful with mountains all around. I was so enjoying myself that I didn't care a bit that Canada lost 13-12 in the last 8 seconds to the US (World Lacrosse Champs).

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
My small win today is that I thought I would be crashed from yesterday during which I drove myself a long way through traffic to a very sad funeral, then all the way back through worse traffic. But today I was able to go to an international sporting event to support my husband who was involved. I'd been hoping I'd be able to go but didn't think I could. I was totally fine! Ok ok my son had to drive me out and back today and I laid down in the back on the way there. But still, I walked around while there and thoroughly enjoyed the multicultural atmosphere and seeing my husband so happy to see me. And the venue was beautiful with mountains all around. I was so enjoying myself that I didn't care a bit that Canada lost 13-12 in the last 8 seconds to the US (World Lacrosse Champs).

That's a great win! I hope you have many more like that.

My small win is learning to unclench my hands when I do, well, just about anything!

Rosie26

I've been excited all week, my best friend is coming back to live in my city. She has been in town for a couple weeks and told me the great news. I've missed her so much the last 4 years.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources