So 30 days abx Course went amazing...

Folk

I just finished a 30 (actually was something like 27 days) Rifaximin + Vancomycin abx course (it's the second time I do it, the first time was Rifaximin with Neomycin and I had no results)
Now the results were amazing, I had perfect bowel movements almost everyday, sometimes twice daily.

I'm afraid of this part now, it ended today, so I need to start taking probiotics. But I just realized my doctor never gave me how much probiotics i can take and I know it'll be a while until he aswers me...
Do you guys know whats the recomendation for sibo, after abx treatment with VSL #3?

I'm guessing starting with 1 per day, than going up to 4. Is it right?
I really hope i don't loose the go effects of the abx!

dejurgen

"Now the results were amazing, I had perfect bowel movements almost everyday, sometimes twice daily."

Would you happen to also have more energy, less pain, less brain fog, less PEM... as drop on effects or does it mainly effect bowel movements?

Good luck with the probiotics!

I have some ready to start as soon as I've done evaluating this other thing I'm testing now. I heared that you must take probiotics for at least two months before being able to evaluate it's effect so I bought a large supply on sale. So there's plenty of time for starting at 1 and upping slowly. Seems to be a good plan to me.

Folk

"Now the results were amazing, I had perfect bowel movements almost everyday, sometimes twice daily."

Would you happen to also have more energy, less pain, less brain fog, less PEM... as drop on effects or does it mainly effect bowel movements?

Good luck with the probiotics!

I have some ready to start as soon as I've done evaluating this other thing I'm testing now. I heared that you must take probiotics for at least two months before being able to evaluate it's effect so I bought a large supply on sale. So there's plenty of time for starting at 1 and upping slowly. Seems to be a good plan to me.
I didn't feel any other effect to be honest but I barely have PEM or brainfog. My energy is kind of good and my pain is the worse part but didn't notice changes on that aspect.

Folk

Any of your SIBO symptoms improve? I assume that is why you were on antibiotics?
Yes totally. I had regular bower movements daily (sometimes twice a day).
All digestive system improved.
I'm having hard time on probiotics though

Started at 1 capsule VSL #3, and feeling bloated, depressive and a little brainfogged... And the doctor ordered me to start at 4... imagine that.

So I don't know if I should keep taking or just eat as healthy as humanly possible (which I already do)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources