Solve M.E. Advocacy Director Emily Taylor Answers All Your Questions About H.R. 7057 in this Q&A and Town Hall!

If folks still have questions about HR 7057 - I'm hosting a townhall and created a Q&A

Solve M.E. Advocacy Director Emily Taylor Answers All Your Questions About H.R. 7057 in this Q&A and Town Hall!
[IMG]

Hi Solve M.E. Community!

In case we haven’t met before, my name is Emily Taylor, and I’m the Director of Advocacy and Community Relations at Solve M.E. Over the last few weeks, I’ve received dozens of emails from you asking questions about the historic legislation we’ve endorsed. We are thrilled with the engagement you’ve demonstrated with H.R. 7057, The Understanding COVID-19 Subsets and ME/CFS Act, which will be the first piece of legislation to authorize funding from the National Institutes of Health for ME/CFS research.

Our CEO, Oved Amitay, has best described this critical timing:
“With so many unknowns still surrounding the long-term effects of COVID-19, researching any potential patterns that may be surfacing is crucial. Given the emerging relationship between COVID-19 and post-viral fatiguing diseases, especially ME/CFS, the time to invest in researching potential links is now.”

To answer your questions, I’ve written a Q&A post that you can find on our website. In it, you’ll find answers to your most pressing questions, including: What is H.R. 7057? What will this legislation accomplish? How will it affect the field of ME/CFS research?

If you still have questions, we’ll also be hosting a town hall (I’m calling it a “Legislative Cafe Chat”) on Wednesday, September 9th at 2:30PM PT / 5:30PM ET. Join us for a cup of tea and a virtual conversation about H.R. 7057.

To RSVP, please send an email to jbrownclark@solvecfs.org.

Additional Resources:
  • To read our announcement of H.R. 7057, visit this page.
  • Find the full bill text here.
  • Ask your Representative to co-sponsor H.R. 7057 today! Click our action link to ask them to join our efforts.

In case you missed it:
[IMG]

The You + ME Registry & Biobank, a Solve ME/CFS Initiative, is an online community made up of people with ME/CFS, people with long-term symptoms of COVID-19 (“long-haulers”), and healthy control volunteers. Together, our community provides scientists with the detailed health information and biological samples needed to understand causes and develop treatments for ME/CFS and other post-viral chronic illnesses.

To learn more about how You + ME can help researchers understand the persistent symptoms experienced by COVID long-haulers join our mailing list today!

Strengthening scientific research and changing the legislative landscape to make ME/CFS widely understood, diagnosable, and treatable has been a great community effort and we’re proud and thankful to be a part of the team.Join the community effort and donate to Solve M.E. today!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources