Stellate Ganglion Block

Ughhh

I am scheduled for a right sided SGB through Stella in October. I went with the option for $3399 which with cover 2 procedures. They will start on the right with 2 shots at C4 and C6. After that we can go to the left or re do the right. I will let you know how it goes.
They highly stress the SGB should be combined with therapy/mind body practices. They also told me the SGB isn't proven for fibromyalgia, and they said it will not help that. So that made me a little worried, but we shall see, fibromyalgia itself is kind of a vague term.

Ughhh

Hi,

It's definitely not a cure. I only had the right side done once over a year ago and have go again to get the left side, and my understanding of it is it works cumulatively so people may need to do it more to get results.

I noticed after getting the right side, that for a month and a half I was super relaxed and even like so relaxed I was not very motivated like a slug. It wasn't a bad thing I like being calm so it made me feel even and calm and relaxed and like not doing much. They recommend that you need to do therapy and work on issues to see long term results.

So for the last year I've implemented a lot of changes into my life ala Alan Gordon the way out(book), I took his pain reprocessing therapy zoom class, and brain retraining type stuff. I follow lots of recovery stories and I'm following the idea of neural network issues/neoroception the threat/safety nervous system is activated. It's not one thing, I do lots of things from yoga, to seeking out positive changes, to somatics and processing through body not just the mind, working on trauma, regulating sleep better, resting more, self talk, qi gong, meditation/mindfulness, pandicultation, gratitude/self-compassion, somatic tracking, and I'm seeing improvements. My pain has decreased although I still have it and still fluctuates with weather, but it's less often and less severe. I'm still tired, but I'm sleeping better. Anyway my point in telling you this, is that I think my 2nd SGB is going to help more bc I've done so much to shift my nervous system into better functioning.
Let me know if you think of any questions. I would weak-moderatly positive recomment SGB if you have money to experiment but don't expect a miracle from it

Willgb305

Hi! Thank you so much for your hearty and inspiring response!

All of your hard work is showing up in healing ways- way to go brain-body connection!
I had to look up pandiculation (so awesome!)

Yes, it sounds like your body is in a different space and is ready for another shift with the 2nd SGB.

I'm hoping to find a way to get the treatment(s) covered and then proceed with the first injection.

Keep up the good (and hard) work, it's paying off:)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources