Stem cells

Has anyone tried stem cells for fibromyalgia? Ive seen some people with good results when it comes to autoimmune diseases. And I think that there is an autoimmune component in fibromyalgia.

Steve

Funny, I just decided to start looking into stem cells for FM tonite. I think stem cells go after inflammation and that’s what causes the positive effect. I do see them used in Mexico for autoimmune diseases also. Will post any info I find.

Do your research before you go. The best type of stem cells is umbilical cord stem cells. Also check out dr Neil riordan who has a clinic in Panama. And look up the Joe Rogan episode with mel Gibson and his stem cell doctor. Dr Neil riordan has had luck with multiple sclerosis patients giving them 40 million mesicimal stem cells from umbilical cord.

Steve

Thanks, Justin, will do. I’ve been in dreadful worsening pain for seven years, tried a bunch of “cutting edge” things but nothing quite as invasive as this. I just started thinking about stem cells tonite after getting this...https://dollarvigilante.com/blog/20...-in-america-the-truth-about-stem-cells-video/
from a pretty quirky guy I follow. The clinic he goes to (lives there) is in Puerto Vallarta, not a fibie, gets HGH. Have you gotten mesenchymal stem cells or just researching?

I actually follow that guy on YouTube. Hes an anarcho capitalist. I have been diagnosed yet. My dad has fibromyalgia but i think we have lupus in the family. My dad, my cousin and i have the common butterfly rash across the nose and the cheeks. If there is any kind of kidney issues with your fibromyalgia then i wouldn't do hgh. And im not talking filtration. My pain is electric and cramping. And thing that messes with my kidneys like caffeine or any kind of stress messes with me. But as for the them cells, it will helf repair old injuries and help with inflammation. Ive been researching on the different types of stem cells. You can do fat or bone marrow derived or umbilical cord. Depending and what you're treating different types work for different purposes . Fibromyalgia can be a symptom of an autoimmune disease. Have you checked to see if you have any food allergies or autoimmune diseases?

Tomorrow i go in for a referral to a rheumatologist to check for fibromyalgia, lupus or some other autoimmune disease. Im running out of fight. So if i can help steer anyone in the right direction. Then it makes me feel better. What ever im dealing with seems to run on my dads side of the family. Its sad to say but im hoping its autoimmune. If you check out dr Neil riordan video on stem cells they have had alot of luck with arthritis, multiple sclerosis and type 2 diabetes with stem cells. I don't think stem cells will help much if we don't go on an anti inflammatory diet.

Steve

Yes, every day with severe chronic pain is hell. I have extreme burning and crushing leg pains, varied other deep muscle pains, all changing minute by minute, as well as deep “ body pain”, all exhausting. I’m retired and had hoped to travel but am pretty restricted.

I have had numerous thorough blood tests that I assume would have picked up autoimmune problems. Oddly, all of my common inflammation markers have always been near zero so I assume they don’t accurately measure brain inflammation, which is my own suspicion of fibro pathology. There is a family history of osteo and rheum arthritis and polyrheumatica and my son has Crohn’s. I know little about stem cell treatment but it seems I might do umbilical cord cells for FM if I can find good data, have no interest in getting HGH and zero interest in using marrow or fat. I’ll look at the stuff you suggested tomorrow. I used to think Jeff Berwick was nuts but over time he has, unfortunately, seemed less nuts as events unfold.

Not dead yet!

Has anyone tried stem cells for fibromyalgia? Ive seen some people with good results when it comes to autoimmune diseases. And I think that there is an autoimmune component in fibromyalgia.

There's a local health spa type place that has a stem cells component to it. They take blood and then grow your own stem cells in a lab, and then give them back to you in larger numbers than normal. I'm thinking of trying it but haven't tried it yet. Not sure what umbilical stem cells would do that's any different. Also they would be from someone else so wouldn't rejection be a problem? I feel safer with my own.

Steve

Immunology is not my strong suit. Rejection from others might be a problem but are we sure that stems cells from us would not perpetuate the same defect causing our FM now? Someone knows this stuff better than we do but they haven’t picked up on the thread yet.

Yes, every day with severe chronic pain is hell. I have extreme burning and crushing leg pains, varied other deep muscle pains, all changing minute by minute, as well as deep “ body pain”, all exhausting. I’m retired and had hoped to travel but am pretty restricted.

I have had numerous thorough blood tests that I assume would have picked up autoimmune problems. Oddly, all of my common inflammation markers have always been near zero so I assume they don’t accurately measure brain inflammation, which is my own suspicion of fibro pathology. There is a family history of osteo and rheum arthritis and polyrheumatica and my son has Crohn’s. I know little about stem cell treatment but it seems I might do umbilical cord cells for FM if I can find good data, have no interest in getting HGH and zero interest in using marrow or fat. I’ll look at the stuff you suggested tomorrow. I used to think Jeff Berwick was nuts but over time he has, unfortunately, seemed less nuts as events unfold.
I would look into a autoimmune diagnosis with a rheumatologist . If there's a family history of autoimmune problems then it could be the issue. Lupus seems to run in families and can be miss diagnosed as different stuff.

There's a local health spa type place that has a stem cells component to it. They take blood and then grow your own stem cells in a lab, and then give them back to you in larger numbers than normal. I'm thinking of trying it but haven't tried it yet. Not sure what umbilical stem cells would do that's any different. Also they would be from someone else so wouldn't rejection be a problem? I feel safer with my own.
anything other that umbilical cord MSC's seem to be a waist of time. I think in this video he covers the fact that you don't reject umbilical cord stem cells. If not Dr. Neil Rioden has a lot of youtube videos explain stem cells. I would check out Joe rogan's episode with mel Gibson and stem cells.

Not dead yet!

anything other that umbilical cord MSC's seem to be a waist of time. I think in this video he covers the fact that you don't reject umbilical cord stem cells. If not Dr. Neil Rioden has a lot of youtube videos explain stem cells. I would check out Joe rogan's episode with mel Gibson and stem cells.
So according to that video, the stem cells I'm talking about are called Mesenchymal, or MSC? Because it didn't look like it was a waste of time to me. According to the video, they help chronic illness in several ways. So I"m not sure what you meant.

Not dead yet!

I would look into a autoimmune diagnosis with a rheumatologist . If there's a family history of autoimmune problems then it could be the issue. Lupus seems to run in families and can be miss diagnosed as different stuff.
I second this. In particular I had a very sketchy "diagnosis" of FM from a pain center doctor who didn't check for other rheumatological disease first. Later, I went to a rheumatologist and found that I didn't have any autoimmune issues they could detect. But they didn't check, and they don't check for Celiac Disease which is also auto-immune! So don't give up on asking for a real diagnosis. Even if they make you feel like you're crazy. It took them more than a decade to discover my Celiac Disease (if I assume my iron deficiency anemia and later blood clots were caused by it, which could be, but there's no proving it now). Once I knew, I contacted a few doctors from back then. Not one of them thanked me. I'm guessing that was a guilt effect.

I second this. In particular I had a very sketchy "diagnosis" of FM from a pain center doctor who didn't check for other rheumatological disease first. Later, I went to a rheumatologist and found that I didn't have any autoimmune issues they could detect. But they didn't check, and they don't check for Celiac Disease which is also auto-immune! So don't give up on asking for a real diagnosis. Even if they make you feel like you're crazy. It took them more than a decade to discover my Celiac Disease (if I assume my iron deficiency anemia and later blood clots were caused by it, which could be, but there's no proving it now). Once I knew, I contacted a few doctors from back then. Not one of them thanked me. I'm guessing that was a guilt effect.
Anemia and blood clotting disorder are common in lupus. Also low white blood count and platelets.

I forgot to mention that doing stem cells in the USA they get the stem cells from you and multiply them and have to give you them same day. As far as I know, because FDA regulations. So Its hard to get a large number of stem cells in a single treatment. Also I think they can't use umbilical cord stem cells in the USA to treat specific disorders unless approved by FDA. But a lot of clinics will give umbilical cord stem cells as a "supplement". That's probably why I will go outside the USA unless I get into a clinical trail.

Not dead yet!

[article]Many clinics offer stem cells taken from a patient’s own bone marrow or fat. But they’re being challenged by a newer technology: amniotic stem cells.[/article]

From: https://www.propublica.org/article/amniotic-stem-cell-treatment-transplant-therapy

It's important to understand that there is a marketing push for certain types of stem cell therapies, and it matches the discussion on this forum thread. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, but it's important to know when something is a controversial topic and when some marketing push may be affecting the tone.

zenmom

Several years ago I tried stem cells for ME/CFS. The clinic in Florida extracted some of my fat reserves, extracted stem cells, multiplied them, then put them back into me via transfusion. It was expensive (and obviously not covered by health insurance as it's still experimental), and I'm sorry to report that I didn't feel any different afterwards. Just my own experience, YMMV.

Not dead yet!

Even though you may have some improvement through stem cell therapy, I don't think it can cure you of your condition.

I'm never sure which way to jump. I'm not sure how to interpret blanket doubt, even of a treatment I'm in some doubt of. People are unique, their journey to health may differ from the norm. We're not all model examples that might be found in a medical textbook. I'd be thrilled to hear that someone was in fact "cured" by this. Generalizing that to everyone though, that's problematic.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources