Stopping Recurrent Noroviruses

PatrickJoseph

I am looking for any ways to cut these down. Anyone with same and any success. Last yr they were the worst onslaught - from June until autumn.
I don't know if virus stays in the body [eg colon], and symptoms recur due to over activity, or if the virus mutates in others and I pick it up again [second and third usually less severe]. Since I live alone, have no support, it usually occurs 24 hrs [dont have someone to shop] after a visit to the doctor, chemist or supermarket. My theory is the virus is airborne, since I spend most days hand washing/using bleach sprays. NHS/GP blood & stool tests show up normal. GP refuses me Immun/Virol-ologist appt.
If I get private tests, what do I ask they look for?
I am either going down with one, or getting over a bout - eg 4 wk plus durations. [fever, sore throat, cough, irritated painful eyes & headaches, runny nose, stomach upset, acute fatigue, acute muscle/joint pain...].
I have been taking chopped garlic and vit c powder after meals, but cant say its really helped, plus all the usual vitamins/zinc etc. Fermented veg, kefir & yoghurt - no help. Beta Glucans - no change.
thanks

Last edited:

Carl#1

Antiviral Effects of Houttuynia cordata Polysaccharide Extract on Murine Norovirus-1 (MNV-1)—A Human Norovirus Surrogate

Oregano essential oil can inactivate human norovirus. Liposomal Oregano would probably be best.
Curcumin has some effect against norovirus.
Curcumin (from Turmeric) Shows Antiviral Properties against Norovirus
There are a number of essential oils which have antiviral effects. Because they are oils they tend to coalesce and therefore will not cover an area very well. Making the essential oils into liposomes keeps the oil dispersed ie encapsulated into liposomes which avoids them coalescing and joining together.
Inactivation of Norovirus by Lemongrass Essential Oil Using a Norovirus Surrogate System.
Comparative Study on the Antiviral Activity of Selected Monoterpenes Derived from Essential Oils
Tea Tree essential oil is effective against SOME viruses but might not work with norovirus.
How to Make Liposomal Essential Oils at Home: Ultrasonic Method Tutorial

Usnea lichen has antiviral properties but my notes do not include anything on norovirus. So does Green Tea EGCG but again not specifically mentioning norovirus.

It might be worth looking at Herbal AntiVirals by Stephen Harrod Buhner. There are quite a few herbs with antiviral effects so it might be worth you looking into that.
Inhibitory mechanism of five natural flavonoids against murine norovirus
Quercetin was one of the flavonoids and also EGCG/ECG from green tea.

Lysine can be helpful for some viruses but I do not know whether it is helpful for norovirus and I have no further time to investigate.

Last of all, viruses do not cause CFS, the cause is bacterial/yeast/fungi which I am working on solving/destroying ATM. I realise that you are only experiencing gasto problems with viruses but it is merely the immune dysfunction caused by elevated cytokines which lead to their proliferation and prevents the immune system from keeping them in check. Lowering cytokines helps all aspects of CFS, including ATP mitochondrial energy production which is also affected by cytokines.

Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria Baicalensis) has some antiviral properties and also helps to improve/normalise cytokine production. The best for cytokine reduction is Cordyceps mushroom but high doses are required for substantial effect. I have an extract form (30% polysaccarides) and anything more than small amounts ie 250mg makes me sleep. Taking it before bed would be a good idea and then small doses during the day.

PatrickJoseph

Antiviral Effects of Houttuynia cordata Polysaccharide Extract on Murine Norovirus-1 (MNV-1)—A Human Norovirus Surrogate

you - ''Last of all, viruses do not cause CFS, the cause is bacterial/yeast/fungi '' This complete rubbish - you dont know what u r talking abt. MIne originated from Epstein Barr virus...one of the prime culprits

Oregano essential oil can inactivate human norovirus. Liposomal Oregano would probably be best.
Curcumin has some effect against norovirus.
Curcumin (from Turmeric) Shows Antiviral Properties against Norovirus
There are a number of essential oils which have antiviral effects. Because they are oils they tend to coalesce and therefore will not cover an area very well. Making the essential oils into liposomes keeps the oil dispersed ie encapsulated into liposomes which avoids them coalescing and joining together.
Inactivation of Norovirus by Lemongrass Essential Oil Using a Norovirus Surrogate System.
Comparative Study on the Antiviral Activity of Selected Monoterpenes Derived from Essential Oils
Tea Tree essential oil is effective against SOME viruses but might not work with norovirus.
How to Make Liposomal Essential Oils at Home: Ultrasonic Method Tutorial

Usnea lichen has antiviral properties but my notes do not include anything on norovirus. So does Green Tea EGCG but again not specifically mentioning norovirus.

It might be worth looking at Herbal AntiVirals by Stephen Harrod Buhner. There are quite a few herbs with antiviral effects so it might be worth you looking into that.
Inhibitory mechanism of five natural flavonoids against murine norovirus
Quercetin was one of the flavonoids and also EGCG/ECG from green tea.

Lysine can be helpful for some viruses but I do not know whether it is helpful for norovirus and I have no further time to investigate.

Last of all, viruses do not cause CFS, the cause is bacterial/yeast/fungi which I am working on solving/destroying ATM. I realise that you are only experiencing gasto problems with viruses but it is merely the immune dysfunction caused by elevated cytokines which lead to their proliferation and prevents the immune system from keeping them in check. Lowering cytokines helps all aspects of CFS, including ATP mitochondrial energy production which is also affected by cytokines.

Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria Baicalensis) has some antiviral properties and also helps to improve/normalise cytokine production. The best for cytokine reduction is Cordyceps mushroom but high doses are required for substantial effect. I have an extract form (30% polysaccarides) and anything more than small amounts ie 250mg makes me sleep. Taking it before bed would be a good idea and then small doses during the day.
.............................................................................................................................................
Thanks
you said - ''Last of all, viruses do not cause CFS, the cause is bacterial/yeast/fungi ''
This complete rubbish - you dont know what u r talking about - PLEASE READ UP ON THE DISEASE.

Btw
I have the oregano herbs and oil, adaptogens, elderberry... and other [wild/other] herbs.
I disagree on ME (as I refer to it) not being caused by a virus, mine began after E. Barr illness at college in 1993. A few years ago some experts claimed ME was a strain of polio. Unlesss you are an expert with proven data, you cant state that as fact -
re you say ''Last of all, viruses do not cause CFS, the cause is bacterial/yeast/fungi which I am working on solving/destroying ATM.''
''I realise that you are only experiencing gasto problems...'' No, I am not 'only experiencing...' - I have a tested norovirus.

There's also the CFS or CF,* which isn't true ME which starts with, or is centred on, a psychological issue (eg. PTSD/Trauma Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) - imo - and we get wrongly diagnosed, or classified into the same pigeon hole. [For those in the UK, and no doubt elsewhere too, this issue/obstacle is always near the surface. NHS uses the same methods to 'help' both]
*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chronic-Fatigue-Syndromes-Simon-Wessely/dp/0192630466
- the other CF/CFS view by Psychiatrists

Last edited:
Have you considered mixing, garlic, thyme, onion, and hot chili pepper powder in water and drinking it to wipe out cold viruses that are barely getting a foothold?

It worked for me. But won't if the cold virus has already grown too strong in your body.

PatrickJoseph

Health... thanks.
I have probs with chilli powder - stomach burn; I have also had the same with raw ginger sometimes, and with garlic if i dont eat a snack/meal first. If I get stomach lining inflamed, eg stomach ache all night - also affecting joints, I have to take a capsule like Lanprozele to stop acid production, and so healing it... I can try thyme; i eat onion quite a lot. I could try your remedy drink and instead use tumeric for hot pepper.

Cetrizone anti hist. seemed to help last week. Mold spores and dust mite allergens may be making a cold virus worse. I get a lot of brain inflammation which sends immunity n sinuses haywire..

excuse errors in spellings

Last edited:

Issie

I'm using Lomatium as an antiviral. It is supposed to help with many things. But it can also cause a horrible rash if the liver isn't working optimally to detox. I had a doc say that her husband used it for 18 mo. And got rid of his Post Lyme disease. I do believe I'm having benefit from it. I've written about it on another thread.

Also sounds like you may be having histamine issues. There is MCAS, that many of us deal with. I'm working on new ideas in dealing with this. Too soon to talk about yet. But in that the histamine blocker helped, something to consider. It is quite miserable.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources