Surprise! A Psychiatrist That Treats Her Patients with Mold Protocols

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
"the case study was a woman with joint and muscle pain, fatigue, back muscle pain, anxiety and depression. The whole thing was that you were supposed to learn to diagnose all these somatic complaints as depression."
Another psychiatrist jumps ship and stops diagnosing people with fatigue and pain, etc. problems as depression....Find out how she changed her views and began to treat her patients differently.
This article appears on Paradigm Change - see the first part of it below and go here to get the full article.

By Mary Ackerley, M.D.

Editor’s Note: Dr. Mary Ackerley is an integrative psychiatrist who recently obtained certification in the Shoemaker Protocol used to treat toxic mold illness.

I get asked all the time, “How did a psychiatrist get interested in mold?”

My interest really stems from my clinical experience. As an integrative psychiatrist, I attract people who are not able to be helped easily by traditional meds. They go to their doctors, they’re given some Zoloft or Prozac or Xanax. Not only does it not do anything, often times it makes them worse. So they start to seek out someone like me, who’s willing to work with different methods.

Although people complain of depression and anxiety, I often find that fatigue and muscle and joint pain are the stronger complaints. Those are complaints that are usually ignored by traditional busy family practitioners because it’s all lumped together under the heading of “Depression.”

I was doing a CME credit on depression, and the case study was a woman with joint and muscle pain, fatigue, back muscle pain, anxiety and depression. The whole thing was that you were supposed to learn to diagnose all these somatic complaints as depression.

But in fact, what I do is the opposite.

Eventually I began to realize that I was attracting some patients who told me they were mold patients. They came to me with strange labs and even stranger protocols. I was pretty traditional in just looking at it and saying, “I don’t know what this stuff means.” Then I would start to work on their depression and anxiety.

go here to get the full article.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources